My mind has been occupied with Jeremy coming back, Alaric's alter-ego, and the kiss I shared with Damon that I haven't put much thought into Klaus. I don't think he will ever forgive me again, especially since he found out about the arrows.

"What about Damon? I'm sure he will love to switch to another look-alike." she says and I had to force out a laugh, taking that sentence too deeply.

"I'll go by myself." I tell them and the two of them pout their lips. "No, that simply cannot happen. I'll cancel my date with Tyler and we—"

"Care, it's fine. It's just a dance. I'll be fine on my own."

§

I pull up to the school and park my car. I sit there for a moment, taking out my lipgloss and running the applicator through my lips. Staring at the mirror before me, I quickly fix my beige flapper headband that matches my dress and adjust the white pearl necklace. I put my long gloves on that reach up to my arm and finally exit my car.

I lock my car and take a step forward when a presence jumps in front of me, "Boo!"

"Damon! Don't do that." I gasp, hitting his arm with my purse. "Ow," he rubs his arm, "what do you have in that thing?"

"What are you doing here?" I disregard his question and make my way over to the school doors. I hear his feet trickling behind, "Rumor has it that you're entering this dance all alone. Being the gentleman that I am, I couldn't let that happen."

"I don't need you as my date." I tell him and open the door, purposely trying to shut it before he could get in but he beats me to it. "Besides, I plan on dancing with Matt."

"Another blue-eyed boy? I'm starting to figure out your taste in men." he smirks and I roll my eyes. I hadn't really talked to him since our kiss, and I'm glad he's not making it awkward.

"By the way, you look beautiful." he compliments me and I thank him with a smile and give him a small comment on his choice of clothing for tonight. "So, what do you say?" he sticks out his arm.

"Fine," I sigh and accept his arm, "but only one dance."

"I thought you were only playing hard to get with Klaus." Damon snickers and I shoot him a look, "Just shut up and dance with me."

We enter the gym and he immediately pulls me with the rest of the crowd who's dancing with their significant other. Our fingers intertwine and his other hand rests on my hip while mine sits on his shoulder.

"Might I say you would totally fit in the roaring 20's. Definitely up your alley."

"Sure, let's go on a time machine back to New York City and meet Jay Gatsby." I reply back sarcastically and he shrugs, "I met a lot of Gatsbys back in the day. Soo not worth writing a book about."

I chuckle and clear my through a few seconds after. "Listen, Damon, I wanted to talk to you about—"

"Maya!"

I turn around and find Caroline rushing over to me with her pearly white teeth. "Oh, my God! You look amazing." she smiles.

"Thank you, Caroline. So do you!" I look down at her attire and she twirls around to show off her red dress. She gives Damon a look, "And thanks, Damon."

"What are you thanking him for?" I question, growing confused. "Alright!" Caroline exaggerates as if she got caught red handed. "I set you two up."

"Why?"

"Because it would've been super depressing to see you alone at the fruit-punch table." Caroline admits and once again, I roll my eyes.

"I'm more than capable of getting a date and I don't need you to come to my rescue all the time. But, thanks anyway." I give her a small smile.