An Ice Cream Date

Start from the beginning

    "Drew! Hey! We need to stay together!" Daisy shouts but I ignore her and continue on. No one comes after me, and I never look back.

•*•*•

     "I can't believe that  idiot." I hiss as I let out a sigh looking out at the skaters. "He pissed me off so much..."

     "Sounds like it." Jason whispers as he takes leans into his hands. "Hey, can I have a drink of that water?"

     "Go ahead..." I mumble as he happily takes it into his hands taking a swig. "Don't you have anyone annoying in your group?"

     "Um.... I have the biggest whore in the entire camp in my group, whom is after my band player." He states as I shake my head  with disgust as he sighs. "Dean is just an ass..."

      "Don't have to tell me twice..." I mumble pulling my knees to my chest as I groan looking at my phone at the messages from several different people. "Man.... They are still blowing up my phone..."

     "Hmm." He plucks the phone from my hands and presses down turning it off as I stare at his surprisingly hard features. Literally, you could see the curve of his cheeks bones and his sharp chin, he was definitely handsome I just never realized how hard his features were. The complete opposite of Dean... "How about we go get some ice cream?"

     "Oh my god yes!" I sigh happily as he nods jumping down and hurrying to the desk to sign out.

     Once fully signed out and his safety padding put away, we make our way to the main hang out spot. Teens sit around having good conversations as couples sneak in some PDA. A few out in the opened spot near a fountain play soccer and others play frisbee. He turns down a small alley way between building and we pop out in the middle of the refreshment stands. He hops in a short line as I stand beside him and look at the ice cream flavors displayed on the outside wall.

     "Hmm.... Mint chocolate chip!" I squeal as he smiles and nods. "What are you getting?"

     "Cookie dough." He says as I tilt my head with a smile and he steps to the front as I begin to dig money out of my wallet. "Thanks!" He walks off before I can pay and I turn to look at him. "Do you actually think I would let you pay?"

     "Well, my half at least..." I mumble as he laughs and hands me my cone. "Even in a cone. Mm, you know me so well." I laugh as I take a bite and he smiles happily as we find a nice shady spot to sit. "So, you've gone to this camp for a long time..." I mumble as he nods and shrugs. "Did Dean and Jenny really-"

      "Oh hell yeah." He says licking at a chunk of cookie dough as he chews. "They were the Queen And King of PDA. It was disgusting."

     "You never dated her?" I ask raising an eyebrow as he coughs and shakes his head.

     "God no! I used to like her and then when Dean and her went out I knew she was ruined!" He scoffs and I take a small nibble of a chocolate chip as I swing my feet over the ground. "Damned idiot."

      "Have you two always hated each other?" I ask as he raises an eyebrow and swallows slightly. "Ooh, I hence drama~"

     "Weirdo." He laughs as he shakes his head and nods. "No, we didn't always hate each other." He whispers and I stare at him wide eyed. "We were actually best friends."

     "What happened?" I whisper as I watch his Adams Apple bob and his eyes become distant.

     "We were freshman.... When we showed up, we were really happy and we both had the same idea for a band...." He mumbles scratching his neck. "I mean, that isn't what ruined us, what ruined us was." He takes in a deep breath. "Was me...." He mumbles as he stares at his melting ice cream. "We wanted to have a friendly competition with the band thing, so we did. Then, along the way, I wound up dating this girl that I didn't really like but I felt bad for her. So when I had the chance, I threw her away like trash... I-I didn't know Dean and her were close friends let alone he liked her, so when she left camp because of me, he was pissed.... Soon along the way, Dean was dating the girl I liked and now we hate each other... All because I was an awful guy who threw an innocent girl away...." He whispers as it drops down his hand and I take in a deep breath as I hand him a napkin. "Thank you." He whispers as I nod. "I'm surprised he never told you that, I mean isn't he after you?"

     "Even if he was, I wouldn't even care." I mumble as I take a bite and smile slightly. "Too big of an ass." He laughs slightly as he looks at his feet.

     "He isn't so bad.... Just, lost his way a while back." He mumbles and shakes his head as he looks at me. "Why the hell am I making excuses for him?" He laughs as I smile sadly.

     "Because, he's still your childhood friend to you." I mumble as I stare at him and he smiles slightly as I turn on my phone. "Oh god.... So many messages." I mumble as Scroll through them and he smiles.

     "Just tell them where you are...." He whispers as I frown and send the message. "You know.... You're a legend to me..."

     "You're kidding right?" I mumble as I laugh and he shakes his head. "Alright, tell me my prophecy."

     "You are the only girl I've known to deny Dean.... Also one bad ass skater." I smile at his kind words as I shrug and take a bite.

      "I accept." I bow as he laughs and I shake my head. "You're a legend too." I whisper as he raises an eyebrow.

     "Ooh, tell me tell me!" He cheers as I laugh and smile at him.

      "It's rare to meet someone who admits that something was his fault." I mumble and I shrug. "Also your a really great guy..." I mumble and he smiles happily as we shoulder bump each other. "You're cool, and I had a fun time..."

      "Me too..." He whispers as I look up at him. "We should do it again..." His cheeks almost as red as his hair as he stares down at his feet. I smile slightly as I look at him.

     "Sure." I say as he looks at me wide eyed he nods as we both look away and smile.

     "Oh no..." He whispers and I look up to see Dean panting right in front of us.

     "You.... Asshole." He growls grabbing me as I'm yanked froward and Jason stands up. "We're leaving!"

     "What? No I don't want to." I mumble as I try to pull away.

      "No we are leaving!" Dean shouts and I grimace as my wrist burns.

     "Hey! Let her go, if she doesn't want to leave then let her go!" Jason shouts as Dean turns around.

     "Why, what are you going to do?" Dean asks and Jason cocks his arm and his first meets right into his cheek as everyone shouts.

•*•*•

     Thanks for reading 😁 some things went down! I hope you enjoyed reading and please remember to vote, comment, add, or follow! If you want too, how about you comment who you want drew to end up with? Anyhow thanks again!