⠀⠀Everyone was speechless.

⠀⠀Then Dominique spoke. "James is going to cry his eyes out."

⠀⠀Dominique was never wrong. When Laurel has appeared with her parents at her sides to walk her down the aisle, James tried so hard to keep it together. But her beauty...she wasn't even trying...hit him like a tidal wave, catching in his chest. He broke down quietly, his face turning red as he cried. All Laurel could do was smile and cry as well. She was really marrying the love of her life. Her soulmate.

⠀⠀James wore his best black robes, trying to do something with that unruly black hair of his. But one could only do so much to fight their genes. Besides, Laurel didn't care—he was smoking hot to her either way.

⠀⠀When they reached the front of the room, Hermione Granger stood to officiate the wedding. They decided to exchange pre-written vows to each other here and then their personal vows in private. When so much of James' life was out in the open, he wanted some things to be kept between them. They had both longed for a smaller and more private wedding, but when you're the firstborn Potter child, those things don't come by easily. If they could've, they would've eloped and been done with the matter, but here they were. They had both come to peace with it, figuring that whatever the circumstances, they wanted to get married, whatever way possible.

⠀⠀Now they stood in front of each other, holding hands, exchanging vows, tears brimming their eyes. It was happening. Her face was obscured by the gold veil, but he could see her red-lipped smile and bright blue eyes staring into his. If he could, he would've melted on the spot.

⠀⠀James slipped a gold wedding band on her left ring finger, her hands steadying his as he shook with excitement. Laurel did the same with him, squeezing his hand lightly as they turned back towards Hermione. She finally said the words that James had longed to hear from the moment Laurel had walked in.

⠀⠀"I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." Hermione smiled brightly.

⠀⠀James turned back to the goddess before him, his fingers gingerly lifting the gold veil over her head. She was beautiful as ever, a smile on her face, one that he would fall in love with over and over again. The world around them seemed to melt away as Laurel looked into his brown eyes. Reaching for her face, he didn't have to say anything for her to read his eyes. I love you. She smiled, I love you too.

⠀⠀He pressed his lips on hers then, in the way that she would never get tired of. His mouth was gentle, drawing her closer to him, both smiling as they kissed. Everyone in the room cheered. As they pulled apart, they were showed gold confetti and flower petals. James swept her off her feet, carrying her down the aisle, a big grin on his face. When they reached the middle of it, he set her down, pulling her in by the waist and kissing her again.

⠀⠀They had never been happier in their lives.

⠀⠀Later, when they finally got some privacy as everyone else was dancing, they escaped to a room to exchange their personal vows. But James was too busy kissing his new wife for them to get any of that done.

⠀⠀"James-" Laurel said, giggling between kisses, "James...stop, seriously! We have vows to exchange."
⠀⠀James pulled away from her, sighing exasperatedly. "Fiiiine, Mrs. Potter."
⠀⠀"You know I'm not changing my last name," Laurel reminded him as she pulled him to the sofa in the room.
⠀⠀"I know," James shrugged. "But can I still call you that?"
⠀⠀"As long as I can call you Mr. Scamander," Laurel negotiated playfully.
⠀⠀James thought about it for a second. "You have a deal if I get a kiss."
⠀⠀Laurel chuckled, leaning over to kiss him on the mouth. She pulled away, but James grabbed onto her arm. "One more?"
⠀⠀She shook her head disapprovingly but had a smile on her face. She just had to oblige, pecking him once more.