I'm So Far In The Closet I See Nico Di Angelo

Max's Pov.

"We, The Order, have decided that you, Maxine Brooks, will be banished for a year. You will go to high school, get a job, and learn to survive in civilization. You will not get help from anyone in this Pack or they will be sentenced to permanent banishment along as you. You have a week to collect your things, and to say goodbye. We have given you an old empty house on the other side of the forest, an auto mobile, and you can bring your cellular device. In one years time, you will be able to join the Pack again." The Head Order member stated. I nodded in response and said, "Thank you sirs,"

To say I was nervous, was an understatement. I currently stood in front of three head members of The Order, which are the leaders of our Pack. There are a total of 15 members, but every 5 years, the Pack votes for a new member and then one retires. And the rare case where one gets kicked out of the council, and we have to vote for a new one.

The whole Pack was watching the whole trial, giving me disapproving looks. "Any questions?" "No, sir," I replied and with that, the trial was over, and I had a week to pack my things.

My older brother then walked up to me, a sympathetic smile on his face. "I'm so glad they didn't go too hard on you," he said giving me a hug. "I know, but it's thanks to you. Your the one that convinced them that I was tricked and didn't mean for any of this to happen," Once I said that, he let go of the hug and looked at me with a small smile. "What would you do without me?" He joked, trying to lighten the moment. "Honestly, probably be dead right now,"

Nathaniel has helped me more times than I could count. All my life he would fight anyone that tried to hurt me, and helped me when I was in trouble. I remember when I was 6, he was 10, this group of girls in my class started making fun of me for always wearing 'boys clothes' (Honestly what makes it for a boy, it's just fabric that covers your body) and I always had my hair up. They started calling me a boy, and making fun of me, so my brother started beating the shit out of those girls. He did get grounded for a month and had to give five different apologies, but he did help me. And we do have our many, many fights that usually ends up with somebody getting hurt, but we end up coming to an agreement.

"Liza, we're back!" Nate called as we walked into the house. A young boy ran into the hallway "Maxy!" he called running to me, hugging my legs. "Hey Alex," I greeted with a small laugh, messing up my brothers brown hair. "What am I, a roach?" Nate said squinting at Alex but held up a fist. They smiled and fist bumped after Alex let go of me, making an explosion noise after their fists collided.

Liza then walked in, her hands in her jean pockets, "So, how'd it go?" she asked. "Surprisingly not as bad as I thought. I just have to interact with people, that are not the pack I may add, and I have to live on my own, get a job, and go to high school for a year."

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

I explained to Liza about my situation, and I had to explain to Alex about how I wont be back for a year. "So, were not going to have our last year of school together? Were not going to graduate!?" She screamed. That's really the only thing she got out of this? I can't believe her sometimes, and she has other friends, it probably won't matter if I'm there or not.

There is probably a total of 40 kids in our grade. Packs are like miniature towns, where as in the past it was all in the forest, but now its just groups of houses in the middle of the forest with different buildings or shops (Where we trade things, and things from civilization get brought here for us to trade), school, and court.

The pack usually never gets involved with humans, or any other creature for that matter. Some never even seen anything but a werewolf.

And don't think that since we're kind of secluded, we don't have devices like phones, and televisions and computers. Most of us do, and its really great to have those to listen to music. I mean, have you heard Twenty Øne Piløts? They aren't even pilots! and there aren't even 21 of them!