Chapter 6

I woke up in the morning feeling like going for a jog and a swim. Or at least doing something productive.

I looked out of my window and the sun was shining bright. It was a perfect day for going out.

As I looked across my from my house and saw Jake putting on his shirt. I shut my curtains and I couldn't help myself so I peeped and opened the curtains a bit. My jaw dropped as I saw Jake slowly putting his white tshirt. His t-shirt fit tightly against his chest and showed off his muscles perfectly. At that moment, Jake looked at my direction and winked.

Dammit my cover's been blown.

I blushed furiously.

I quickly shut the curtains and breathed heavily. Woah. I put on my bikini and I put my running gear over it. I put my Nike's on, tied the shoe laces and headed out the door.

As I was running I heard some footsteps behind me. Suddenly two hands grabbed my waist only making me go on a full sprint.

"AHHHHH LET GO OF ME YOU CREEP. IM WARNING YOU. I'LL KICK YOUR ASS!" I said not so confidently.

The hands released and I turned to see Jake panting.

"Jake! You butthead! You scared the shit out of me!" I said with wide eyes.

Jake looked up and started laughing.Yes his infamous crazy laugh.

"Your face was priceless!" He laughed.

"Well your face." I replied lamely not knowing what to reply.

"Is that the best you've got?" he raised his eyebrow.

"For now it is. You've got to give me a moment to think of a great comeback." I smirked.

"Where's the fun in that Emy?" he winked.

"Don't call me that." I said as I started jogging away. Hah, he'll have to catch up with me. It's not like I'm that great of a runner but I have a good stamina.

"Think you could get rid of me that easily huh." Jake said as he jogged beside me.

"You're ruining my pace, jerk." I said as I pushed him and ran away laughing.

But soon he caught up with me anyway. I could sense that he was smiling. So I couldn't help but smile as well.

After we jogged around two blocks, we finally reached my house again.

"Woah. It's a really hot day." I said while fanning my face frantically.

"Yeah it is. Perfect day for a swim." He winked.

"I know right! I was planning to go for a swim after my run." I said.

"Well then what are you waiting for? Let's go." he grinned evilly.

"Hey I said that I was planning to go for a swim. Did you notice that emphasis on the I? That meant that I was planning on going alone. You know, with no one else? Alone." I replied.

"But I jogged with you. It's only fair if I get to swim too." He pouted.

Gah he's so cute. I mentally slapped myself.

"Well I guess you could come too." I sighed.

"Yay!" he shouted. Rather girlishly I might add. Next thing I know Jake scoops me up into his arms and runs quickly towards my backyard.

He trips and falls on his butt, yes with me still in his arms, but he successfully gets up again and jumps into the pool.

"Jake! Are you kidding me?!" I shouted.

"You need to learn to have more fun my dear Emily." he said while ruffling my hair.

"I know how to have fun." I said defensively.

"Riiight." he said with total sarcasm.

"Hey, I know how to have fun okay. I'm as fun as anyone can get." I splashed Jake.

He looked at me, surprised that I splashed him. "Oh this is war." he said eyeing me down.

I took of my wet shirt and threw it on the side of the pool where I was standing, hardly for a dramatic effect. Soon he did the same. His abs on full display. It was so hard to keep eye contact with him.

Soon I felt kinda self conscious, wearing only my bikini top. But when his jaw dropped slightly at the sight of my bare stomach I gained confidence. "You should close your mouth. Wouldn't want to catch a fly now would you?" I smirked at him. That came out of no where.

He narrowed his eyes and splashed me. That jerk.

I lunged at him with an attempt to bring him down. But him being the muscular guy he was simply dodged me and held me tight in his arms.

"Lemme go." I mumbled on his bare hard abs. My skin tingled with pleasure as my skin came in contact with his. What is this?

"Not til you say I am awesome." Jake grinned.

"I am awesome." I replied boredly.

He narrowed his eyes.

"If you want to play it that way fine. I'm not gonna let you go." he winked.

To be completely honest, I have absolutely no problem with staying in this awkward position.

With a quick movement, he turned me around so my back was facing his. Yes, with his arm still around me. He soon lay his head on my shoulders.

I could stay like this forever, in his arms, against his wash board abs. But, his head is kinda heavy. Jake closed his eyes.

Is he falling asleep on me? Oh hell no.

I splashed his face and as soon as the droplets of water hit him he opened his eyes and gave me a glare.

"Jake, when are you going to let me go?" I asked him.

A light hint of red came across his cheeks and he quickly turned away and let me go.

"Sorry about that." he mumbled.

"It's okay. Your head is heavy by the way." I said.

"Cause there's a lot of info in my brain, therefore making it heavier." he winked.

"Seems legit." I said sarcastically.

"Well, it is."

"Good for you."

"It's great actually."

"Great then."

"Yeah fine."

"Ok." I glared at him.

"Well, as much as I would love to stay around and watch you glare at me hotly while you're wearing your bikini, I can't. I have somewhere to go." He winked cockily as he got out of the pool. I soon followed behind him.

I blushed slightly, "What are you waiting for? Leave." I said quickly so he wouldn't have to see me blushing and all girly about what he just said.

He smiled knowing exactly why i was rushing him. He grabbed my hand and kissed it. "I had a great time Emily. You're a fun neighbour and a good friend."

Good friend? Why did those two words hurt my heart more than it should have?

Am I actually starting to fall for him?

-End of chapter 6-

On the next chapter I'm making it mostly about Colby and Emily, so you all can learn a bit more about Colby's personality. I'll try and update it as fast as I can. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Ilysm thank you all for putting up with me :)