Chapter 8

As I opened the door I saw Cole standing there charmingly. Dressed in a dark blue jeans, a white shirt and a smile on his face which grew bigger when he saw me. I smiled at him and invited him in. He gave me a quick hug before coming in. I went in the kitchen with Cole following behind me.

"Hello ma'am!" Cole greeted as soon as he saw mom.

"Hi Cole, and please don't call me ma'am, call me Victoria. Make yourself at home." Mom said coming over and giving Cole a motherly hug.

Cole gave the flowers he had brought for mom and instantly my mom became happy. She loved when people brought her flowers.

I must say, Cole was looking really good. The way he was dressed and the attitude he had was different from what he normally acted. I would never say this about Cole, but something has definitely changed in the past few days.

I took a seat at the table and Cole accompanied me by sitting in the chair next to me.

I had no idea what mom had prepared for dinner. She said it was a surprise for me as well, which I thought was not required but she was really firm on this one.

It came out that she had prepared Mac and cheese which was really great. I don't know about Cole but I was very happy. When I started eating I looked at Cole from the corner of my eye and he was quite happy and was enjoying it as much as I was.

Dinner was very nice. Cole shared some stories from his childhood with Ben and mom unfortunately also told him my childhood memories which I did not appreciate in the slightest. We laughed and mom cracked some jokes which was making it a lot easy. Seeing mom and Cole get along really made me happy.

After dinner mom said she had to work early the next morning, which I completely understood and so she went to bed. I cleaned up and Cole helped me with that (It was shocking because he volunteered to help me but I'm not going to complain).

"Your mom is so sweet, she cooked Mac and cheese. I love it."
Until now, I had no idea Cole was also a fan of Mac and cheese. This was also the first thing that was common between us.

"Yeah..she makes it whenever I am upset to cheer me up. I think she kind of knew you would liked it." I said putting the dishes away.

I asked Cole if he wanted to stay for sometime, but since it was a school night he had to go home.

I offered to walk him to his car. As we reached his car Cole smiled "I had a great night. I loved being here, thanks for inviting me over."

This was the first time I had seen him like this. Being a gentleman, I mean. I didn't know Cole Carter thanked people for their good deeds. This is a face of Cole Carter that I wouldn't minde seeing everyday.

"I also had a good time. And thanks for coming over." I smiled.

Before leaving he leaned over and kissed my cheek. It took me by surprise. But I ended up smiling and blushing a little and he saw that which was very embarrassing but he didn't say anything, his looks said everything he needed to.

I was standing there watching him start the car and giving me a quick smile before disappearing into the dark night.

After locking the door I went upstairs to my room. I under my covers and was starring at the ceiling thinking about today.

Cole was a nice guy. He was nothing like the rumors that were heard about him in school. Clearly the rumors I heard were all false and to think that I was judgmental towards him makes me feel worse. I decided that I was not going to believe in any rumors unless I get proof and with that thought I fell asleep.

* * *

The next morning I woke up to my phone beeping. It was a text from Cole. He offered me a ride to and from school and i ended up agreeing to it.

I got up and went in the shower. I took a nice long shower which instantly put me in a good mood.

Mom was out for work so she had left me a note saying she will be back by night. I made some coffee, not in the mood to eat and sat down on the couch.

I was enjoying my last sip when a horn beeped and I instantly knew it was him. I stepped out locking the door. Cole got out of the car and came towards me. He smiled and hugged me (this was becoming a habit that I was becoming fond of).

The drive to the school was silent. We didn't talk much it also wasn't awkward. He parked the car, got out and started walking through the busty corridors. We didn't have any classes together today so we decided to meet at lunch.

This was the first time I was going to have lunch with Cole and I was wondering how it would go.