Chapter 7

Once I shut the door behind me, I plopped on the couch. I sat there for a couple of minutes before heading to my room. I sat down on the bed and checked my phone and I had a text message from Katie.

Hey...would you like to catch up for lunch tomorrow? It's been a long time since we had lunch together. And most imp. I want to know everything about today. - Katie

I replied instantly...

Yeah sure... - Emily

Great!! So I'll see you tomorrow. - Katie

I was just lying on my bed staring at the ceiling and then drifting off to sleep.

* * *

"Emily wake up!!" I heard a low voice in my ear.

Opening my eyes slowly I looked up and saw my mother. Like always she had a sweet smile on her features.

"Sweetie it's dinner time. I'll just wait downstairs." She said and walked out.

I got up and sat on the bed. Rubbing my eyes, I got up and was about to head out when my phone beeped. It was a text from Cole.

Hey... Thanks for today. I had a great time. - Cole

For some reason I found myself smiling at that message. I think I also like spending time with him. It is not that bad and the way I used to think about him changed a little too.

Your welcome!! I also had a great time today!!- Emily

I hopped out of the room towards the kitchen.

My mom had made Mac and cheese and that made me extremely happy. I hogged on to my food like I hadn't eaten in years.

I was eating quietly when mom started a conversation I did not want to be a part of

"That boy you were with today..."

I quickly looked up at her with a blunt look.

"Yeah what about him?" I asked waiting curiously as to what she wanted to say.

"He seemed really nice to me."
I let out a sigh of relief. I had so many weird thoughts going on in my mind in that one second.

"Yes he is nice. I mean I didn't like him at first but now I can say the opposite." I said hogging at my food again.

I looked up and saw that mom had this smile on her face which I see when she is planning something and most of the times I don't like it.

"Why don't you invite him for dinner tomorrow?" I stopped my actions at once and froze in my seat.

Cole for dinner tomorrow? Wait, what?

"Wh...What? Why do you want him to come for dinner?" I did not notice that it came out as a shout.

"Because he is your friend and you should get to know your friends better."

"I already know him." I know I didn't know such thing, but I had to say a small lie.

And with that being said we had a long talk about this. And after a couple minutes of convincing I decided to give up.

I knew mom was not going to listen. Whenever she makes any plans she sees to it that they always work out. And I knew I was going to lose because she would convince me either way.

So without fighting any longer I quickly said yes and went to my room trying to avoid what was going to come next.

Inviting him over dinner. Is it that bad? I mean I know that he isn't a bad guy. I also had a very good time with him. Maybe I should give this a shot.

After spending a lot of time fighting with myself, I decided to send him the message.

Hey... Are you free tomorrow? My mom wants you to come over for dinner. - Emily

After two seconds of waiting, his reply came rather quickly.

Sure. I would love to. Tell your mom I'll be there for dinner. - Cole

I shouted to my mom from my room, the answer Cole had given me. I think she is going to start preparing the dinner right now. She seemed pretty excited.

* * *

I was in my room getting ready for my lunch with Kate. Kate never liked it when people are late for there appointments, so I made it a point to be there on time.

Kate picked me up and as she had asked I had to tell her everything about yesterday. Not that anything happened. Also she had to know about today.

We took a seat at our table and ordered our food. As soon as I took the first bite Kate stopped me and asked me to tell her all the details.

She was pretty excited that we went to my moms café which is a rare case and that he was coming over for dinner today.

I think even I was a bit surprised thinking about all this. I used to hate that guy's guts and now we are kind of friends.

Kate dropped me home after our lunch. We had a wonderful time together whilst shopping and chating.

I went to my room and opened my wardrobe. I had not decided what I was going to wear tonight. Not that I really care but my mom told me to dress in something nice.

I picked up a red dress that was just above my knees and a pair of earnings that would go perfectly with it.

I had a couple of hours left so I decided to read the book I was reading yesterday for a while.

It was six by the time I finished the book. I had to go and get ready before my mom comes to check on me.

I quickly got up and got ready for tonight'a dinner. I applied a little makeup as we were going to be at home and I let my hair fall free on my shoulders.

I took a quick glance in the mirror before going down to the kitchen. My mom was very excited seeing me dressed like this. And not that it really matters, but I will admit that I looked pretty good.

After a few minutes the door bell rang and I quickly went to the door to open it.