Chapter Two

The next day Marucho had invited everyone to his mansion again for a day on his private beach. He had also invited Katsuna, Loki, Kaito, and Maika as well. Katsuna and her siblings arrived shortly after Dan, Runo, Julie and Alice, leaving Shun the last one to come.

"It's good to see you again Maika." Marucho said, scratching the back of his head in a bit of a shy way.

"You too Marucho! Hey, did something happen with Katsuna last night? She's been a bit, distant and off task." Maika asked.

"Not that I am aware of. All she did was dance with Shun and that was all."

"Hm, okay."

Shun finally arrived, already in his swimming wear like the rest of them. He was also wearing a tight black tank top that made him look more muscular. He caught a glimpse of Katsuna and stared for a bit then walked up to Marucho.

"Hey is this everyone?" Shun asked.

"Yes it is, we should get going. All aboard my jet!"

And so everyone did. Katsuna sat on one side of the room while Shun hesitantly walked over next to her and sat next to her.

"Hey." He started.

"Hi." she responded avoiding eye contact.

It went dead silent and everyone was staring at them. Katsuna only rolled her eyes and looked out the window as the jet lifted up. Not a word was spoken between Shun or Katsuna the whole way. Katsuna was in deep thought on why she was so quiet now unlike last night, nothing bad happened besides her not wanting to grow too close to the boy she met and danced with last night. She doesn't want to hurt him in the end and ruin the friendship she has already gained with him and the others. If something were to happen to the friendships she has made, she would be left vulnerable to a very compelling enemy of hers who could easily demolish her and end her existance. Katsuna tightly shut her eyes to think of the demonic being who she once knew to be her best friend, now overpowered with negative energy and not himself anymore-- it was like he was possessed. Shun looked at her in confusion and concern, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Huh?" She jumped and looked at him.

"Are you alright?" He asked as his eyes pierced through her again.

She quickly looked away from him and nodded.

He kept staring at her though, not buying it. He lifted his hand and crossed his arms, looking away coolly. "You know it's not good for you to keep things bottled up inside." he said as the jet landed on a private beach.

"We're here!" Marucho cheered and everyone except for Shun and Katsuna raced out.

Shun and Katsuna casually walked out, with Shun behind Katsuna. Maika and Marucho both raced to the water and Katsuna watched them with a sad smile. 'I can't stay here long.. if I do I might get too attatched to them.. especially Shun..' Katsuna thought looking hard at the ground. 'But right now I just need to have fun.' She smiled to herself and ran out into the soft warm sand that felt like baby powder under her feet. She laid down her beach towel on the sand and her beach back set beside the towel. She removed her white beach dress to reveal a darkess colored bikini then slid off her sandles. Katsuna laid upon her towel after applying sun tan lotion and sun bathed, soaking in the warm rays of the sun. Shun watched her and his eyes had soften as his heart pounded swiftly. He walked up next to her towel and laid his towel a couple feet away from hers along with his bag. He took off his tank top, showing off his muscular and toned body then sitting down upon his towel, one knee up and his arm resting on it. Katsuna looked up at him.

"Well, you could pull off being a male model." Katsuna cooed.

Shun jumped and looked at her. "Why do you say that?"