before you read

disclaimer: i do not own any part of the franchise "Now You See Me" or its sequel (obviously). i'm not worthy of creating such a fabulous piece of work.

warning: if you have not seen "Now You See Me" or "Now You See Me 2", i suggest that you do that before reading this or else you will be very confused and spoiled of two fantastic movies.

extra warning: this is the sequel to my first book "Death Empress", so if you have not read that first, i suggest you do so now before continuing on. once again, this book follows the events of "Now You See Me 2", so watch that first before reading this.

three years ago, i saw "Now You See Me" in theaters because grown ups 2 wasn't out in the country i was in at the time. little did i know, i would fall in love with the movie and it would end up in my top 3 favorite films. having loved dave franco's character so much, i wrote the first book "Death Empress" just because of the lack of fanfics for jack wilder, even though i thought no one would read it.

i never imagined the love it would receive and how many people would actually read and love it. it ended up being the first fanfic i ever finished and kept on my account. i cannot thank everyone enough for voting, adding to their reading lists, and leaving hilarious comments. they really do make my day. so, three years and one sequel later, i have started the second book that people have been waiting for. i hope it fulfills your expectations and that you'll love this one too.

thank you for the love <3

- L