Chapter 8

Italics : thoughts
Bold Italics: Kyuubi/Kurama

Naruto's POV

Although a bit reluctant, the other 4 Kage agreed to help out where they could. With my borrowed power I could easily restore their memories, however it would be a bad idea to have recollection of events that would most likely never happen. It had already been about a week since the summit.

Out of nowhere an anbu appears next to me, and suddenly I find my self in dad's office along with Sasuke and Shikamaru.

"I'm guessing they were spotted?" I asked my dad.

"Yes, I just got a message from Suna and Kiri" he explained "Their ninjas spotted people matching their descriptions in small nearby village, and leaving Kiri"

I turned to Shikamaru. "Well what do we do?"

"You and Sasuke will head to Kiri while I meet up with Gaara.

"Hn is that ok with you Hokage-sama?" Sasuke asked.

"Yes that's fine, but just in case why don't you bring a jonin with you"

"We'll be fine, we know our way around " I smiled reassuringly.

"Ah ok then" he responded nervously.

I nodded to Sasuke and Shikamaru then jumped out the window so I could head home to pack for the mission.

On my way out I saw mom coming home from grocery shopping.

"Bye mom I've got a mission" I waved.

"OK then, please be careful" she told me with a smile.

"I will"

~Later~

Before I knew it I was already at the gates of Suna. I entered the village, and once I did I was greeted by the arrival of two Suna nin who took me to the Kazekage's office. There I was met by Gaara and the current Kazekage. He filled us in on the location and general direction the Akatsuki members where headed.

~With Shikamaru and Sasuke,~ Normal POV

The trip to Kiri went by fairly fast. Just like with Naruto, their arrival was met with an immediate trip to the Mizukage. They were informed of the Akatsuki's current location, as they had not left the inn they were staying at, and it lead to their immediate action.

Coincidentally all the three of them said the same line.

"Let's get this over with"

A/N: Here's an update for you guys!!! I probably won't be updating much because I started school recently, but I'll try my best