He entered and looked around. "You have a nice home."

    "It's not mine." I closed the door. "May I help you with something? Sharie won't be back for two more hours."

    "I'm here to see you actually."

    I raised an eyebrow at him. "Why?"

    He shrugged as he turned and started walking through the house. "To see how you were. Heard you were suspended for the rest of the week." He stopped and turned to me frowning. "You got in trouble, didn't you?"

    Walking passed him, I went back into the kitchen with him following. "I'm used to it." I picked up the knife and started again cutting up sweet potatoes that I had been working on.

    I was even more shocked when he came to stand beside me and started to chop with me after he had gotten a knife for himself. "That isn't right. They did that to you and yet you got into trouble."

    Again I shrugged. "No one cares about a freak like me."

    He stopped and looked at me. "Why do they call you a freak? If it's because of your violet eyes, then they're all jerks because I find them very beautiful."

    A blush lit my cheeks. "It's how my eyes looked when I was born." The blush faded as I remember what's been thrown at me every chance anyone in this town got. "You'll find out sooner or later. I'm the daughter of a demon." I looked at him as he had a strange look in his eyes. "I was born with pink colored eyes and my mother died in child birth. I've been told that was her penalty for falling in love with a demon and having it's evil, demonic spawn. Me."

    Suddenly I found myself turned to him with his hands tight on my upper arms. "You're not evil." He exhaled angrily as he turned away. "I hate the term demon in the derogatory manner that these humans say it in."

    He turned back at me after he took a deep breathe. "I'm sorry." The he gave me a lopsided smile. "If it makes you feel better, I'll never turn against you because I'm a demon too."

    I turned back and scooped up the sweet potatoes. "It doesn't matter. You'll turn like all the rest." Dumping the potatoes in the pot before adding the vegetable broth in with them and some frozen corn.

    "So..." I turned to him and he was leaning against the counter. "What are we making for our dinner tonight?"

    Another shrug while I added the dried thyme to the pot before I just let it go. "An Italian marinade chicken breast with a sweet potato and sweet corn puree/mash and seasonal veggies on the side."

    He smiled. "Sounds delicious."

    I turned away from him and went to pick up the knife when one sliced my left pointer finger. I hissed and dropped the knifes back onto the cutting board. A soft curse fell out as a few drops hit the cutting board. I should have been paying attention.

    Before I could turn away, he took my hand and dipped his head down. I stiffened when he ran his tongue over the small cut on my finger. His eyes closed as he tasted my blood and licked again. Tingles ran down my spine as he lifted his head and my hand up stepping closer to me.

    When he looked at me, the green in his eyes had changed into a luminescent lime green color. His eyes flicked down to my lips as he licked his own. The movement making me catch my breathe. He looked back into my eyes before he started leaning down.

    My hands shot out and I pushed him away. I turned away from him as I couldn't let that happen to me. Once a new guy found out what I was and made me feel beautiful. I was nearly raped because he wanted to brag he slept with the slutty demon girl. Today everyone thinks that we had sex though I was able to get away from him in time. I was beaten when Sharie thought that I had slept with him.