She backs away. I match her steps toward her, daring her to try run away. "What are you hiding from me, Mara?"

"I'm not hiding anything..." She says loudly. I narrow my eyes. Knowing Mara for such a brief time should not allow me to tell when she is lying, but her face is so expressive.

"Lying to me isn't going to get you anywhere," I mumble. Her face contorts, and she turns pale.

She turns around suddenly, vomiting straight into the bush behind her. Surprising myself, I rush forward and grab her hair, holding it back. Trying my best, I concentrate on the moonlight glimmering through her hair, as I rub her back rhythmically.

When she's done, she straightens, leaning against me. I lead her away from the bush, and set her down on the fallen log I was on only yesterday. She gazes at me, her eyes dazed.

"You shouldn't have let yourself get to this state," I scold her. I know it's pointless; she won't remember in the morning.

She giggles. "Are you going to punish me?"

Her words send a streak of heat down my body, but I'm quick to dismiss it. Why does she do this to me? I kneel in front of where she sits, staying a safe enough distance away, so I can catch her if she tries to touch me.

"Why, do you want me to?" I ask her softly. She pauses, and for a moment, I thought she might get angry, and try slap me or something. Instead, a sly grin appears on her face, and she moves closer on the log.

"I've always wondered what it would be like to be with an Alpha," she purrs, leaning closer. I hold her shoulder still. Yep, she's definitely drunk.

When I go to stand, she reaches out and grabs my knee. "Where are you going?"

"You need sleep," I say pointedly. She shakes her head furiously, giving me a desperate look. It makes me pause.

"But...I thought you were going to kiss me."

My heart freezes. Kiss her? Is this how she has been feeling....

I swallow. No. She's drunk. "Not now Mara."

She stands, swaying on her feet. Again, she tries to reach out toward me, but I enclose my hands around hers. If only the leather of my gloves wasn't there. Then she would know...

"You always talk about taking me and whatever..." She pauses, looking like she might vomit. "But how can you do that if you won't even touch me?"

I can't let her touch me. Yet knowing she craves my touch brings me inconceivable pleasure. "Could I invest in a pair of gloves for you?"

She lurches forward suddenly, closing her fists around my shirt. Flinching, I eye her carefully. She brings her face close to mine, her breath smelling like alcohol.

The urge to kiss her consumes me. To strip our clothes off and rid of all the space between us. To finally claim her as my own. But I can't...If she knew, my plan would be a shambles. I gently push her back, the pain in my heart eating away at me.

"I want you," she whispers. The three words almost amount to I love you. But I have to remember, that she won't remember this...That she is simply in a drunken haze, which she will wake up from in the morning.

"I shall bring you to bed," I announce. Maybe if I tuck her in myself, she will sleep. A spark alights in her eyes, and she saunters closer again, stumbling over her feet. The look on her face makes me nervous.

"To bed huh?" She says, her tone too suggestive to ignore. I nod slowly.

I grab her arm, and lead her to the window. She falls along after me, stumbling through the window with limbs going everywhere. I follow her through, trying to keep quiet so Landon doesn't hear us. To compromise the mission would bed devastating.

Mara suddenly trips over the rug on the floor, and I manage to catch her before she thuds against the ground.

"Quiet, they might hear," I say in a hushed voice. She looks shocked, then grins wildly. She pulls away from and, pretends to stalk across the room carefully.

"Mara-"

"Quiet," she snaps, mocking me. Rolling my eyes, I watch her burst into a fit of giggles, and fall face first onto the bed. After a few moments of laying motionless on the bed, I approach her.

I press on her shoulder, and when she doesn't respond, I roll her over onto her back. She's completely passed out, her eyes shut as she looks peaceful. A smile forming on my face is quickly smothered.

Soundlessly, I pull the bed sheets over her, and sit down on the edge of the bed.

Sitting in front of me is the most innocent person I've ever met. As she lays there, floating through a haze of sleeping oblivion, she has no idea. No idea of my past, or even my present. To share it with her would be cruel. To taint such innocent beauty with my issues.

Slowly, I pull my gloves off, laying them beside me. I stare at my hands, hating them.

She will never know. Gently, I run a bare fingertip across her cheek, feeling the trail of sparks that follow. She is so soft. Why would the Moon Goddess even consider pairing me with this creature?

My hand caresses her cheek, causing Mara to whimper in her slumber. If she woke right now, she would realise the true extent of the contact.

"Why me?" I whisper. I will continue to intimidate her, so she doesn't know how much she intimidates me.

My thumb brushes over her lower lip, and she sighs. If this spark I feel was real, I would pick it up and crush it between my fists, so I can torture it the way it tortures me.

"Kaden," she mumbles in her sleep. I clench my jaw.

Lowering my head down so it's level with hers, I pause. Should I? Should I close the distance and cement what is truly between us?

Fighting my inner demons, I lean down and press my lips against hers. I savour the brief moment of pure bliss; the feeling of my mates lips against mine.

Pulling away, I swallow. I would do anything to stay here with her, so she could wake up in my arms, and realise who she belongs to. Instead, I pick my gloves up, and slid them back over my hands.

With one last longing glance at her, I stand.

"One day Mara. One day you'll know."

💛••💛

Oh Kaden, you poor man.

Sometimes I imagine these characters are real, and I'm God deciding their fate. And man, I'm savage with my decisions...

My winter break has started today! But I'm a bit sassy right now because I've been watching everyone's snapchat stories, having fun in summer and stuff.

Don't forget the freezing people down here in the Southern Hemisphere!

Vote and comment if you enjoyed he chapter, and Kaden's point of view! (:

Snapchat: midikacrane

Radish: Midika

YouTube: Midika Crane

~Midika 💜🐼