I quietly open the door and head to the kitchen where I know my mom is waiting.

"Yes?" I ask her.

"Sit." I comply and sit across from her.

"Where were you today?" She asks.

"I went to the homeless shelter then to the hospital and now I'm here."

"Did you go for volunteering hours or to socialize?" She asks.

"I went to get my hours signed off. Then one of the boys there accompanied me to the hospital and hung out with me and Wesley."

"What was his name?"

"Niall." She sighs and rubs her face.

"Honey, I've been hearing from some of the ladies around the neighborhood that he's no good. He's in a homeless shelter sweetie."

"Mom! You can't just make prejudices against someone who isn't as good off as we are! I barely know him but I know he's nice."

"He could be faking it honey."

"Why do you hate him so much?"

" I just don't want you hanging out with ... that kind of sort Brinley."

"That sort? Mom you can't decide my friends for me. Why are you making such a big deal out of this?"

She sighs again and says, "Brinley. I raised you to surround yourself with the right people who will propel your forward, not drag you back. I'm just afraid that Niall will do that for you honey."

I can see where she's coming from, it's just motherly instincts.

"I know and I do. Niall is a very nice boy. If he becomes a problem or ' drags me back' than I won't hang out with him anymore. Deal?" I ask her.

"Just don't forget about Justin."

She says and my stomach plummets. How the hell could I forget about Justin? Shit.

"You know your boyfriend?" My mom presses.

I numbly nod and I can see a small smirk on her face.

"Honey, I used to have my own Niall when I was your age."

"Really? What was he like?"

"He was your father." She replies. Oh.

"Look what your father did to us."

"Okay I get it, I'll stay away from him." I say just to humor her.

"Thank you sweetie."

THE NEXT DAY

I wake up, hitting the pool noodle again. What's new? After checking the temperature for today, I get dressed. ( Outfit in side bar )

I leave my hair down, it for once cooperating with me. It lays in curls on my back, most of them will probably fall out by the end of the day, but for now they look fine. I haul my backpack to my car with me and start heading to school.

I trudge through classes, the homework piling on because I missed yesterday. At lunch I leave campus, going to a local Starbucks for my daily fix of coffee. I spot Niall's car in the parking lot and I smile, excited to see him. I can't lie to myself I think I might be falling for him. I stand behind Niall in the order line. He notices me after I poke him in the shoulder.

"Oh hey Brinley. Did you decide to go to school today?" I stick my tongue out at him.

""Yes I did. You?"

"Yes." He sighs dramatically.

'What are you doing now?" I ask.

" I think I might go to the Children's Hospital. I never did get any community service hours yesterday so I think I'll go today."

"I'll come with you."

"What about class?" He asks, cocking an eyebrow.

"I'm done with school. I got all my credits in the first three years of school, now I only need a few more so I get classes 6,7, and 8 off."

"Cool." We order our drinks and sit down at a nearby table outside. I slip my sunglasses onto my face, the sun finally peeking out. He eyes my outfit.

"Why are you wearing a sweatshirt in summer?"

"It's not officially summer. We still have one month left."

"Ready?" I ask after a few minutes.

We both head to our cars and onto the highway. I start to race him a little bit, laughing at his reaction. I cut him off at the exit, almost hitting his car. I almost lose control of my car because I'm laughing too hard. I park in the parking lot in the Visitors section, Niall coming in a few seconds later right next to me.

"What the hell was that?" He yells. My smile deepens into a frown.

"I was just having fun." I say defensively.

"Yeah well you could've almost killed me along with yourself." I stick out my lip.

"Whatever. What's done is done." Niall tugs at his hair.

Oh and if you could check out my new series, 'Imagines' - they're just imagines of all the boys - that'd be awesome! Thank you!