Chapter Four- Hazel

ابدأ من البداية

By now, Hazel knew that using the mist would be the only way to win. She tried to imagine what Leo saw.

Hazel was a good friend, and Leo didn't want to hurt her. However, he wanted to win more than ever because in his past, Hazel had heard he had felt helpless and unable to do anything. He was accused of things he didn't do, and he was angry for that. Leo wanted to beat Hazel and prove that he was useful and not the seventh wheel like he felt. He wanted to become part of the 'family'. 

And defeating Hazel, a girl with a sword and some pathetic magic tricks, would be easy, right?

As Leo summoned the next wave of fire, Hazel imagined it surrouding her, making her trapped. Leo would win against Hazel and prove that he wasn't the odd one out or the weak one, and could fight just as well as anyone. 

Yes, yes Leo was beating Hazel, and he could prove that he wasn't the odd one out. When Hazel felt her Mist was strong enough, she charged towards Leo, slashing at his legs so that he wouldn't be able to get up again. The Mist vision broke, and the flames dissapeared, and Leo was lying on the cold ground, his legs bloody. A cut ran across his knees, and his was defenitely in no position to get up.

"Sorry, Leo." Hazel murmured, her hand clamped through her mouth as she dropped to her knees beside Leo. "I'm so sorry." 

Tears welled up as she saw the blood continue to flow out of the deep cuts. "I won now, so heal him!" Hazel shrieked at the sky.

Don't be fiesty, dear. I'll heal him. The ghostly voice whispered to her. A faint white light appeared, Leo's cuts closing and the blood disappearing. Leo cried out in pain, and Hazel gripped his hand as he tried not to flinch at the pain.

"Are you okay?" Hazel asked, helping him sit up.

"I'm fine, Hazel. Y-you were great. Good luck." Leo said, grinning at her.

Hazel nodded, and felt light errupt from within her. Her vision blurred for a few horrible moments, and then cleared as she arrived at a marsh. 

The earth was soft and Hazel's feet sunk slightly as she stood in place, blinking to clear her vision. Her energy and burns were gone, as if they were never there in the first place.

The marsh was surrounded by what seemed like an endless forest. Her gaze travalled across the place, and landed on a figure, sitting on a rock at the edge of the marsh.

When Hazel walked closer and saw her oponent, she lost hope of winning. 

Percy Jackson leaned against the rock, his long messy hair covering his eyes. When he heard Hazel approach he looked up, and Hazel saw a strange sadness buried into his sea-green eyes.

"Percy?" Hazel asked softly.

"Let's just get this over with." Percy grumbled, uncapping his sword, Riptide. Hazel yelped and drew her own sword.

"What's wrong, Percy?" Hazel asked, meeting his wild eyes calmly.

"Nothing." Percy replied, finally meeting her gaze. It softned, and he calmed down a bit, "Nothing, Hazel. Now let's fight, shall we?" 

Hazel raised an eyebrow but didn't get a chance to ask a question as Percy charged at her. She delfected his first few blows, but one got a cut on her left arm, and Hazel was forced to retreat a few steps. 

Percy's expression was pained as he looked at the blood on his sword. "I'm sorry, Hazel." Percy finally said, dropping to his knees.

"Percy!" Hazel exclaimed, dropping her sword as she ran over to him.

"I don't want to fight you. I can't fight you. Just defeat me and move on, okay? I don't want to fight anyone else." Percy said.

"Percy, I don't either." Hazel said softly. "But let's fight to get out of here. Let's fight each other to get to Athens and get this quest over with, so that you can go home to Camp Half-Blood. Fight so that we can all go home." Hazel's voice dropped at the end, as she realized she couldn't go home. She was a spirit that escaped, and she was going to have to go back to the Underworld. Hazel almost broke when it dawned on her, but kept it together for Percy.

Percy didn't look up at her, and Hazel crouched beside him. "Fight for me, Percy. Fight for Annabeth. Fight for everyone Percy. We believe in you."

Percy sighed as he picked up his fallen sword and Hazel retrieved hers. "Here I come!" He yelled, his eyes lit up with a new hope. 

Before Hazel knew it, she was on the floor, and unable to get up. She didn't feel bad that she let Percy win though, she was actually glad.

"Thank you, Hazel." Percy said, before flashing with white light and disappearing. Hazel winced as she felt an invisible force heal her wounds.

Hazel knew Percy could do it. She knew he could win, even if he battled Jason. Hazel trusted Percy more than she trusted Jason, but that wasn't the only reason. She'd seen Percy fight, and he was amazing.

Hazel believed in him, and she knew he would win.

Or would he?

DUN DUN DUN!

Lol sorry. 

So don't forget to vote, comment and all that stuff, eh?

~Infinite_Warrior