Chapter 5: Rivercrest, Home Of The Sharks

Start from the beginning

Damn it! Ugh I hated it when Devon went into "Daddy Dev" mode. I knew he was right though and I wasn't looking forward to walking seven miles to get to school on the first day, so I just grumbled and trudged out of the garage. I groaned, slamming my bedroom door shout out of frustration.

I threw on my favorite "Black Veil Brides" t-shirt and my favorite pair of faded blue jeans before slipping on my arm bands. After brushing my hair and teeth, I grabbed the mace pen that Kayla had gotten me and threw it into my batman backpack before I headed towards the living room. Jer was sitting on the couch watching TV when I entered. He looked up at me and smirked before shutting off the TV.

Flipping him off, I walked into the garage with Jer snickering behind me. He knew that I hated this and was just enjoying my current situation way too much.

"Asshole" I mumbled before hopping into the passenger seat of my car.

**;-;**

We arrived at Rivercrest High about fifteen minutes later and it was impressive to say the least. The school was painted a bright white color with dark blue trim and looked like it might have previously been a castle. Girls with designer purses and guys wearing Gucci shirts were chatting amongst themselves in the school's courtyard. Sports cars lined the parking lot and right then I knew that I'd stick out like a sore thumb.

Jer looked at me with an apologetic smile and parked the car.

"Would you like me to walk with you to the main office?" Jer asked hesitantly.

I knew that he had to go to college. He was now going to a real college with Carter and not an online school. If Jer was late on the first day... That really wouldn't make him look good. So I just shook my head and unbuckled my seat belt.

"You know how Dev said to play nice a few years ago?" Jer questioned randomly. I nodded my head.

"Well it's your senior year and if anyone gives you any trouble I want you to do something about it. Don't let people push you around, understand?"

"I get it Jer, but Dev said-"

Jer cut me off "I don't care what he said. That was when you were a freshman. You're a senior and I don't want to be in prison for kicking the ass of some high schooler. Got it?"

I smiled at that. I knew by the way his jaw clenched and his eyes darkened that he was serious. I was going to go through my senior year as myself and not as a shy, innocent girl that couldn't stand up for herself. This year it would be different and all I had needed to realize that was Jer.

"Got it. But I'm pretty sure I can take care of myself." I smirked.

"I swear Abby, if I have to pick you up from another holding cell..." He trailed off.

"That was one time!"

"That was twice! Once when you broke that neighbor's window because of your bet with Dev and then when you beat that kid with a baseball bat because he punched you in the face." Jer chuckled "Remember when I picked you up? The first words out of your mouth were-"

"You should have seen the other guy." We spoke in unison. I laughed along with Jer.

"Well I'll try not to end up in a holding cell again okay?" I winked before getting out of the car and shutting the door. I saw Jer roll his eyes before driving away from Rivercrest and leaving me to find the main office on my own.

Shaking my head, I made my way into the castle-like building known as Rivercrest High. I could feel the stares of the student body burning holes into my head as I walked down the halls. Don't these people have something better to do? I get that my appearance isn't very welcoming, but I'm obviously new so can someone just grow some testicles and tell me where to go.