Chapter 27- Under Arrest (Final Chapter)

Start from the beginning

"Innocent, goddammit I'm an innocent man!" Chase roared. "How can you believe a woman like Tamila? Why would I want anything to do with that woman or her bull shit business, your honor?" Chase's face turned red from a mix of anger and embarrassment. His lawyer, on the other hand, had a hint of a smirk on his face. He was clearly amused, but seemed as he wouldn't be of much help to Chase.

"Objection!" Mark called, waving a set of documents in the air. "Your honor, Mr. Dembling clearly states in these files that he had all the interest in overriding the company, he prepared these statements himself and brought them to my office!

"Approach the bench." Otrebla said flatly, rolling his eyes in the process. Seriously, what was with this man? He didn't even seem qualified.

"Plaintiff Evidence A." Mark announced before turning over the papers to the clerk, who handed them to the judge, who hardly looked them over before handing them back to Mark. This concerned me... Was he even listening to our argument?

"Mr. Dembling, Mr. Middleton is correct. Those papers were authorized under your name. They read that you had full right to overthrow Tamila without her consent. You do realize that is illegal, for even though Mark is a co-Founder she is the sole proprietor. Meaning the final decision his her word, in her writing."

Chase looked as if he had been hit with a ton of bricks, completely discombobulated. Apparently, Mark hadn't let him in on much.

"I can't even." Otrebla threw his hands in the air. Jury members, go into the deliberation room with copies of all the evidence. Reach a sentencing, this is beyond comprehensible for adults of your age. Court is in recess." Otrebla slammed the gavel, and the jury stood from their seats and walked into a door labeled "Justice Chambers."

"They didn't call him to the stand or anything!" I exclaimed to Mark, fury and fear present in my tone of voice.

"Look, Otrebla isn't exactly... I don't know what's going on..." Mark sighed, racing a hand through his tousled, unprofessional hair and fiddling around with some documents in a folder. "Bull shit." he mumbled under his breath, frantically tossing papers and packets aside in attempt to find something he was looking for.

"Tamila, there has to be some reasonable explanation for this." Jaime tapped my shoulder and turned to face me. "If I were you, I'd relax-"

"You aren't me. I'm not going to relax until that piece of shit is out in his place!" I hissed, pointing in Chase's direction, getting a frown in return from Jaime. He clearly wasn't going to argue with me.

"Is there a problem, Tamila dearest?" Chase leaned over his podium to glare at me intensively, sneering disgustingly. How was it figuratively possible for a man that attractive to be such an asshole?

"Yes. There so happens to be, Chase, and don't even provoke me here or I swear I will-"

"Don't Tamila." Mark grabbed my wrist. "Don't provoke him even more."

After what seemed like eternity having a frantic meltdown in front of Jaime and Miguel, there was finally news from the other end of the room.

"Just watch Dastanos! Your pretty little face isn't helping you out!" Chase snapped.

"My appearance has nothing to do with my rights you idiot!" I shouted, earning some stares from audience members and a wholeheartedly chuckle from Chase.

"All rise court is now back in session!" The clerk basically screamed, breaking Chase and I apart.

Otrebla strolled back in the courtroom, a little more carefree than I'd have liked. He slumped into the judges chair, shuffling a few papers around befor e proceeding to speak.