Chapter 18

We eventually get to District 4 and go to the hospital. Willow is asleep in Peeta's arms.  We head to the desk and ask what room Annie is in.

"Room 291"  The lady whispers because she sees that Willow is asleep.

"Thank you" I whisper back.

We get to her room on the second story and right before we enter Effie stops us.

"Why don't I take Willow for now until she wakes up" She suggests

"Ok thank you"  Peeta says.

"No problem" She says and takes Willow down the hall. Haymitch, Peeta, and I walk into the room.

"Katniss!" Annie exclaims.

"Hey Annie! How are you?" I ask running/walking to her bed.  I hug her once I get over there.

"I'm doing great! And I would like you to meet little Finn" She says and Finnick who I just now noticed comes over with a little baby in his arms.

"Want to hold him Katniss?" Finnick asks

"Of course"  I say and take Finn in my arms.  I look down and notice his onesie, it says "Want a sugar cube?" then has a picture of a sugar cube.  I remember Finnick asking me that like it was yesterday.

"No thank you" I whisper to Finn just as I did Finnick that day.  I thought no one heard it but obviously they did.

"What?" Annie asks.

"Oh um Finnick asked me after the quell tribute parade if I wanted a sugar cube and I told him no thank you, but I would love to borrow that outfit sometime" I explain.

"Well I got him that outfit just because of you, girl on fire" Finnick says.

"Where was I when all of this happened? I thought you said Finnick just wanted to know all of your secrets" Peeta says

"Well I wanted to know that too" Finnick says and we all laugh.

I start to notice Finn's features more and see red hair like Annie and sea green eyes like Finnick.

"Do you wanna hold him Peeta" I ask

"Sure" He answers.  Peeta takes Finn and holds him, smiling.  I love seeing Peeta with kids. 

Effie comes back with Willow later and all of us just hang out.  I start to feel dizzy all of the sudden. I am not aware of my surroundings anymore and everything becomes hazy.  And finally darkness takes over me and the last words I hear are

"KATNISS!!!"