Part 3: This Isn't Funny

*...s...
*...s...a...n...s...
*...sans....
*...SANS! WAKE UP!
Sans bolted upright, gasping for air. Sweat covered his skull. His vision was very hazy. His head whipped around, confused as to where he was and at who shouted at him so loudly.
*SANS! ARE YOU OK? As Sans' vision started to return, he made out the figure of a tall monster...or, erm, skeleton.
*...wha... Sans looked up at the tall skeleton. He could make out the look of concern on the monster's face.
*PLEASE, CALM DOWN! THE GREAT PAPYRUS IS HERE!
*papyrus...so that's his name. Sans thought to himself. It seemed so familiar...yet he could not remember why.
Sans slowly started to calm down. His breathing slowed to a normal pace, and his vision fully returned.
*...where am i? who am i?...
*...and who are you?...
Sans looked up at Papyrus expectantly. He wanted answers.
*...WHAT DO YOU MEAN? SANS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE JOKING AROUND AT A TIME LIKE THIS. NOW, ARE YOU HURT?
Sans was so confused. All he remembered was waking up and then everything going black.
*please...you've got to help me. i don't remember...anything! w-who are you? and...i guess "sans" is my name?...i-i'm so confused--
*SANS...T-THIS ISN'T F-FUNNY... Papyrus started to tear up. *S-STOP IT...
*believe me! please! i-i just need answers! please...please help me.
Papyrus's face darkened as realization rushed to him. The desperation in Sans' voice sounded too...real. Sans was being serious. This wasn't a prank. It was all true.
*...SANS...IT'S ME, THE GREAT PAPYRUS!... Tears rolled down Papyrus's face.*YOUR BROTHER!...
*...brother?... Sans looked up at Papyrus in a new light. He had a brother? *that's probably why the name papyrus sounds so familiar... Sans thought.
*YES! I AM YOUR BROTHER! Papyrus was getting desperate now. *PLEASE REMEMBER ME. PLEASE LET THIS ALL BE A JOKE. PLEASE STOP IT...
Even though Papyrus knew that this wasn't a joke, he still tried to deny it. He wanted everything to be ok...but now, he wasn't so sure it would be.
*... Sans just watched as tears streamed down Papyrus's face. *...i've felt this before.
Papyrus didn't reply. Filled with hopelessness, he kept on crying.
Sans didn't know what to do. His heart felt like it was hollowed out. It seemed as if he couldn't...feel. But yet...he wanted to cry as well.
*...i'm sorry... Sans manged to say. He slowly embraced Papyrus, a blank expression on his face. Was he really sorry? He didn't know. Why...couldn't he feel anything?
Papyrus hugged back. *I-I HEARD A SCREAM AND C-CAME RUNNING TO YOUR R-ROOM... He shook as he spoke. *YOU WERE ASLEEP WHEN I CAME IN...I WAS S-SO CONCERNED. I TRIED TO WAKE YOU UP...B-BUT... Papyrus paused, the tears slowing down. *...I-I DON'T WANT THIS TO BE TRUE. I WANT YOU TO REMEMBER. Y-YOU JUST CAN'T FORGET ME AND OUR FRIENDS! W-WHAT ABOUT ALL OF THE MEMORIES WE MADE TOGETHER?...
Papyrus's tears slowly came to a stop. He let go of Sans and laughed weakly. *I ALWAYS WILL BE A CRYBABY, HUH?
*...
*...OH...YOU DON'T REMEMBER ME CRYING ALL THOSE TIMES IN THE PAST...
*...
*...
*...I'M SORRY.
*I'LL...EXPLAIN MORE LATER.
*I...HAVE TO GO.
Papyrus walked out of the room.
Sans was left alone.
*...i can't understand...
*...i j u s t c a n ' t u n d e r s t a n d . . .