Prologue: Emma

"So what your job here at the Richards Rogers theatre?" The interviewer asked me. I wiped my clammy hand on my jeans, this wasn't so bad. It was just the three of us in an empty dressing room. Me, the camera man, and the interviewer, I already forgot his name.

"There really is no title to it actually." I grinned as I heard myself speak. "I'm head of choreography rigging."

"What's choreography rigging, for people who don't know?"

"There no way to explain it, you need to use examples sooo.." I searched my head, looking for an something that happened that involved me. "For example if Andy Blankenbuehler, who is the choreographer for "Hamilton" shows me the dance for a song, I look through it see if the set on stage would be in the way for dancers. If it is than I'd tell them to change it or I would change the set. It's a lot of math." We both laughed. I glanced the camera then back at the interviewer.

"So you must know how to dance, right?"

"Definitely, it's one of my passions, other than singing and theatre."

"So why aren't you in the play?"

"Well I'm not really an actress, I like going behind the scenes and working backstage than being on the stage." I nodded and played with my charm bracelet that rested on my wrist.

"We've heard that you're one of the few that worked with Lin-Manuel Miranda on the production of "In The Heights", does that make you and Miranda good friends."

"Not really." I simply said. Shaking my head.

"Not really? Why not, you've guys been working together for years." The man raised his eyebrows, looking for an answer I knew he wasn't going to get.

"Mr. Miranda and I are just business partners, we make a good time, but we do not see each other outside the theatre."

That concluded my interview and I left the room, more nervous than when I went in. I didn't lie about not being friends with Lin-Manuel Miranda, even though I really wanted to. I've known Lin ever since "In the Heights" went to Broadway. But we've never been more than aquantices. We knew each others names and greeted each other in the hallway. But never did we stop and have a real conversation.

Until Now.