1; safety pin

Before we begin:

I just want to say I never knew this story was going to have this much reads! I thought this was going to flop honestly! All the hype this has been getting doesn't deserve it because this story I wrote two years ago when I was a shit writer! Lmao. So for all of you reading, who've read, or are finishing reading, I appreciate you so much. You'll never know! I didn't know it, but now this story means so much to me even if it's poorly written! The storyline kind of gets lost and sometimes details in here aren't enough, but just know I am so grateful to each and everyone of you who are going to read this story or have finished it and archived it already. I truly do appreciate and love you. You all mean so much to me.

Enjoy!!

Deadline

"A D+?!" Ashton exclaims after all the maths tests were handed back. His best friend Calum sucked in some air while shaking his head.

"And that's the one you studied night and day for right?" Ashton put his head down on the desk before blandly nodding at his friend's remark.

"This sucks." The bell rang, signaling school was over, but Ashton sat in the same spot, moping about his grade.

"C'mon dude. Stop moping and get up. We have plans tonight." Calum said as he pulled Ashton up.

"Hm. You go wait out by your locker. I need to talk to the teacher about this,"

Calum groaned but obeyed and walked out of the classroom. Ashton slowly walked up towards the teachers desk, cleaning his throat. He was very afraid of this teacher considering last week he gave a detention to some kid for humming in class.

"Uhm. Mr Parker? Can I ask you something?" Ashton managed to speak out. The teacher looked up and raised his eyebrows.

"You just did, didn't you?" Ashton stood there before again, going for the question.

"Can you please explain to me why I got this grade. I mean I felt pretty good about it but..." Ashton flinched a little as Mr Parker snatched the test from his hands, looking over the grade.

"The grade is your grade," Mr Parker said. "You see all your work is right, it's your answers that are very, very wrong."

Ashton pursed his lips before looking out the door of the classroom.

"Oh..." It was silently awkward before Ashton sighed. "Alright than. Thanks." Ashton grabbed the test back before bolting out of the classroom and through the halls.

But not before long he fell backwards, about the hit the floor before hands grabbed his waist and pulled him back up.

"Watch where you're going, Ash." Ashton rolled his eyes at the voice and crossed his arms, test still in his hands.

"I'm fine, Luke. Watch where you're going." Ashton embellished on the 'you're' before looking up at Luke's blue eyes. The boy breathed in before looking to the side.

"It's been a long time," Luke said softer than the words he said before. Ashton shrugged before walking, having Luke follow him at his side.

"Yeah but that shouldn't matter, Luke. You broke up with me for Amanda. What's your sudden interest to talk to me now?" Ashton said, twisting his code into his locker.

Luke sighed as he leaned against the other locker doors, holding his backpack strap in his hand.

"She broke up with me, also."

"Oh. See how it feels?" Ashton said with slight sarcasm in his voice, closing his locker.

Luke sighed in annoyance before following ashton, yet again.

"C'mon babe, don't be like that."

"Really luke? Babe? I'm not going to be your second choice, over and over. Find someone else or something." Ashton said, making his way to Calum's locker.

"Ashton you don't understand, I want you!" Luke spoke trying not to conjure much attention to the two. Ashton scoffed before turning to look at the blond.

"You just want me now because nobody else wants you." Ashton said, reaching Calum's locker. The raven-haired boy watched the two exes bicker before stepping in the middle of them.

"Here, you guys need to just talk in a private place. You can do it tonight." Calum said calmly.

"But Cal we were supposed—"

"That can wait Ash. Sort things out with Luke. You know, become friends or something. This fighting between the two of you isn't healthy."

"He's right, Ashton," Luke grabbed one of Ashton's hands. "Just talk to me." Ashton took his hand away from Luke's and rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. Text me when you want me to come over." And just like that Ashton and Calum walked out the school doors, Luke smirking the whole time as he stared at Ashton's ass in his skinny jeans.

--
Short but who cares? Chapter one was just like an intro. They may be longer, they may be not be idfk yet.
This story is also just a short story so five-ten chapters.
Maybe more if I'm feeling it.
But yeah.

-Xina