~~~

Bonnie Bennett scanned her room briefly, making sure that she wasn't forgetting anything essential, before she picked up the now filled duffel bag and her school bag. She ran down the stairs and out her front door, locking the door behind her.

She quickly walked over to the waiting car, her eyes quickly scanning her boyfriend as she got into the passenger seat. Bonnie tore her gaze away from Kol Mikaelson to place the duffel bag onto the backseat before she turned her gaze back to him again.

"Why am I going to this school again?" Kol asked as he started up the car.

Bonnie smiled widely as she regarded him. "Because you want to spend more time with your beloved girlfriend."

Kol sighed and drove off towards Mystic Falls High. "Just saying. We could spend time together outside of school." He placed his hand on her thigh and squeezed slightly. Bonnie placed her hand over his. "Besides, isn't it gonna be a pain to explain this to Elena at school?"

Bonnie sighed and closed her eyes. She thought about the looks of judgement Elena would no doubt send her way when she found out.

Caroline had it easy. At least it couldn't be considered betrayal since she technically knew the Mikaelsons before.

Although Bonnie's relationship could hardly be considered a betrayal. It wasn't like she was trading secrets with Kol or anything.

Bonnie opened her eyes and turned her gaze to her boyfriend. "I deserve to be happy and right now it's with you." Bonnie squeezed his hands in hers. "If she can't understand that then that's not really my problem is it?"

~~~

"Ok, explain what happened again?" Alaric asked for what seemed like the hundredth time. Damon sighed loudly and poured more bourbon into his glass.

"New Mikaelson sister, apparently she's my wife." Damon began and Alaric acted surprised again as if Damon didn't just tell him the same information. "Don't tell Elena." That part was new.

Alaric raised his eyebrows in concern as he sipped from his glass. "And why not?" He asked. "Shouldn't your girlfriend know that you're married?"

"Yeah, yeah. But I don't want to deal with her and Erikah at the same time right now. For now, Elena doesn't know and I'll like to keep it that way for as long as possible."

Alaric rolled his eyes as he regarded his vampire best friend. "And where is Elena now?"

"She left for school a while ago." Damon answered and Alaric nodded.

"I should probably go too." Alaric said as he drained his glass. "Don't wanna be late." With that he exited the house as Damon looked after him.

Damon turned away from the front door and poured himself a glass of bourbon, immediately downing it and pouring himself another one. He brought this second glass up to his lips and took a mouthful as his mind went back to Erikah Mikaelson.

His wife.

Damon tried to think back to the '20s in an attempt to recall anything. He sighed when nothing came to mind—just the phrase I had fun. He was almost tempted to call up Erikah and ask for his memories back.