"Anastasia!" she heard her mom shouts from downside.

Hell, she's drunk again. Deep down, she knew they were going to fight. Again.

"WHAT?" she shouts back, her voice echoing.

"Come down here at once"

Ana sighed as she went obeyed her mom. All her happy memories seems meaningless now.

When something good happens to her, it always seems t- no, always followed by something bad.

"What?" she asked as she entered the living room.

She saw two young men besides her mom. Probably her flavour of the month. She hates every man her mom bought home. They're always do disrespectful.

"Go buy us something to eat"

"Mom, it's ten" she sighed. Melissa never called Ella out while she had 'guests'

Why? Ella's pretty. Melissa don't want competition. Which means her daughters' not a threat.

"So?"

"The shop is like miles away. I have school tomorrow"

"That's a fuc*king excuse. You fail all the time anyway so does it matter?"

Oh my gosh! Did she just say that in front of others? She hope she don't flush red.

Anna grinds her teeth when she saw Melissa's friend trying to hide their smile. She knew what they were thinking.

She was the dumb bimbo in a skimpy nightwear.

"What are you looking at?" she snapped at the two older men.

"Don't you dare talk to my guest like that, Anastasia"

"Guests? You mean these fu*king gigolos? They have no right to give me that look while they're in my home"

"This house belongs to me. ME!" Melissa snaps.

Anna felt hot with rage. She can't believe her mother is not siding her. Then again, she never does. Why was she surprised again?

"Go to your fuck*ing room" Melissa shouts, "You're useless as ever"

After hearing those words many times from her own mother, you must've think that she's used to it but she don't know why her heart still hurts every time.

Her mom always verbally abused her when she's angry or drunk. She's unpredictable. No one knows when she's going to shoot. It makes her so insecure as she grew up.

But, I'm strong now. I'm not going to sulk or cry.

"Gladly" she turned and left.
As she passed by Ella's room, Ella was standing by the door, "You know she don't mean those stuffs" she said softly.

"Fu*k off" she snaps.

Her body burnt with rage as she locks the door and lay on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

Why did she always have to endure this? Ella may be an orphan, kind of, now but she knows that her parents died loving her.

Whereas she, even when her father was alive, she never felt the love. She did when she was younger. She believed that her dad was the coolest on earth.

But, as she grew up, she realized that her 'kind' father had an affair with another woman.
Their lives changed after that.
Why can't she get a normal family or not born at all. What's her purpose here.

She closed her eyes and laughed humorlessly.

Stop pitying yourself. You're pathetic already.
Don't you have pride?
Remember, this is your everyday life. Embrace it.