Prologue

It was a beautiful, well-lit night. About one thousand people crammed around the palacial Destiny Mansion. There were people from all over the globe, but most of them were from Cinderland (in the East), Gariand (in the West), Sodderstin (in the North) and Wavermint (in the South). Together, the four countries formed what was popularly known as The Callan Diamond. Most of them were reputated painters like Heasher Frogger, Relista Scabrow and Misfer Jostel; singers like Beth Vangler, Von Moser and Peter Zinglock; painters like Zrovin Meath and Mistle Xavier and many other famous personalities who had reserved the spotlight to themselves. But the larger crowd comprised of writers, young and old, popular and aspiring. Even His Majesty, King Wansber Walltof, King of The Callan Diamond, flew down on the airplane park in front of the Wingwords Mansion and waited patiently inside his luxury jet.

The Destiny family was the most popular and high-profile family in the Callan Diamond after the Royal Family. The family was well-known to produce excellent writers and wonderful tales. The Destinys were in the writing industry since 14th Century and since then ruled the industry. Their amazing stories became bestsellers in bookstores and the family became a worldwide sensation. They ruled the hearts of many and their books were charming additions to all libraries.

This evening was a milestone in the Destiny history. After about three long centuries, at last, a girl was born into the family. Sarah and Hans Destiny had given birth to a lovely and fair baby girl with beautiful ginger-red hair and mysterious fiery red eyes. Her hands were so tiny and weak, that it was quite impossible to picture her as a future bestselling author and heiress of the huge Destiny Empire. But everyone knew that one day, this weak, fragile baby would contribute masterpieces in the field of literature.

Old Friar Hongsberth was called that evening in the Naming Ceremony of the child. He was known to decide excellent names that suited a baby's nature by just looking into its eyes.

But in midst of the wonderful joy and celebration, a dark shadow crept into the boundaries of the Destiny Mansion, with unimaginable wicked plans.

The scene was very beautiful. It just seemed like a fairytale. Sarah and Hans came out and stood on the balcony on the second floor of their mansion. Together, the held out the baby for the world to see. The crowd's cheer was almost deafening. The baby seemed to smile at everyone.

The old Friar emerged through the balcony door. Hans handed the baby to him, and he held it in his old, shaky hands with outmost care. The Friar then studied the baby's features. Hmmm, the friar muttered, Fiery red hair and eyes. You are sure to be quick of temper, dear. But softness, kindness and compassion can be seen in every inch of your face. And beauty seems to be your natural ornament. Quite an unusual combination.

The Friar then raised his voice so that everyone present there could hear him, 'By the power vested in me by the Almighty, I now name this child-'. He could not complete, for a dark and powerful, invisible force pushed him. The old man lost his balance and fell from the balcony to the ground, with the baby clutched tightly in his hands.

It was shocking.

The old friar lay on the hard tiled airplane park in a pool of fresh red blood. Almost immediately, everyone gathered around the friar.

Sarah came out running, followed by Hans.

Tears escaped her eyes as she tried looking for her baby, but couldn't find her.

"WHERE IS MY BABY?" she thundered, and then sat on the floor and started crying in pain and agony.

Hans, on the other hand, did not shed a single tear. His face showed no sign of remorse. He just went up to the friar and he whispered something in Hans' ear, and then formally went up to the centre of the crowd and announced,'The friar has named our baby Anastasia, for we know that she will rise again.'

His behavior left everyone stunned.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The whole of the Callan Diamond was mourning the next day.

How could something so horrible and sad happen?

Some questions remain unanswered.

How could Hans Destiny remain so strong even after losing his firstborn, while Sarah became so depressed that she locked herself in the attic?

How did the baby just disappear?

How did the Friar fall?

Where was the baby now?

Who will be able to answer these questions?

The mystery of the death and the disappearance remains a topic of debate and discussion till this very day.

It is now known as The Mystery of the Destiny Author.

The case was also turned into a popular short story and motion picture.

But no one understands the immense pain that a mother felt on losing her newborn baby.

No one understands the agony of a family which lost its heiress.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

But the name Anastasia means 'one who will rise again'. And the future would never be what it is supposed to if she didn't.

Author's Note

Hi everyone!

What do you think about the Prologue?

Did you like it?

What do you think happened to Anastasia that evening?

What can I do to improve my writing?

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!