Xandar

"Xandarians. What a bunch of losers. All of them in a big hurry to get from somethin' stupid to nothing at all. Pathetic." Rocket said from a water fountain, his criminal scanner in hand as he looked the large area full of people. This how he mostly found criminals to get bounties on. He finds them, then he and Groot would get them. He would shoot them to knock them out and for the fun of it. While Sarah would wait for them, and he did not like it when she is near danger, but he has to bring her with them incase.

He also liked to make fun of people who caught his attention. Spotting a man with short blond hair, he says, "Look at this guy! Can you believe they call us criminals, when he's assaulting us with that haircut?"

Rocket continues when he sees a small child getting help to walk, " What is this thing? Look how it thinks it's so cool. It's not cool to get help! Walk by yourself, you little gargoyle!" He then turns to old man talking to a pretty young woman. Look at Mr. Smiles over here. Where's your wife, old man? What a class - A pervert." He laughed and turned to his to his other partner, Groot, a tall talking tree. "Right, Groot? Groot?"

When he didn't answer, Rocket frowned and looked over to him. He found him drinking from the water fountain.

"Don't drink fountain, you idiot. That's disgusting!"

Groot looked over to Rocket, trying to look innocent and shook his head.

"Yes, you did, I just saw you doing it, Why are you lying?" Rocket said, looking annoyed.

"Oh Rocket, leave him be, he is not doing anything wrong." Someone spoke behind him

He turns around to see Sarah, who had her hands on her hips while smiling at Rocket, with kind eyes

"Still!, he should not drink from it!" Rocket said, protesting.

Sarah rolled her eyes, and sat next to him, reached out and scratched his head, and Rocket in return purred with his eyes shut. A beeping noise caught their attention, and went to looking at the scanner. They catch a man talking to a girl who looked really pissed off at him. Rocket aims the screen at the man.

"Whoop. Looks like we got one. Okay humie, how bad does someone wanna find you?" Rocket mutters mostly to himself, but his words also caught Sarah's attention.

Rocket looks at the screen of his scanner and his eyes widen. "Forty-Thousand units?! Whoa!"

"What?! Crap, that's a lot of money!" Sarah says now excited.

Rocket grins "Yeah, it is. Groot, we're gonna be rich!" Rocket says turning to Groot, who was once again not paying attention and drinking from the fountain.

Rocket frowns and groans, shaking his head, Sarah giggles, gets up, and looks at Rocket while he puts away his scanner. Ever since he brought her with him and Groot, she has been harboring some special feelings towards him, she wants to say something to him, but she could not find the words. She was taken out of her thoughts, by Rocket calling her.

"Hey sweetheart, are you ok?" Rocket said, with worried eyes at her

"Wha, Oh yeah, just thinking about what to spend with all those units, we are going to get" said Sarah with a smile.

Rocket frowned, because he could tell she was lying, but he would ask about it later.

"Come on Groot. We gotta go. Rocket found someone with a huge bounty." Sarah said. Groot nodded and stood up straight as Rocket walked over to them with his gun on his shoulder.

But as the small group walker over to their new catch, it turns out someone else wanted him too.

The human was fighting with a woman with green skin. "What do we do" Sarah said to Rocket

"Don't worry. I got a plan." he answered. The woman seemed to be winning too and looked like she was about to stab their catch, with her knife.

"Damn it, come on" Rocket quickly muttered as he ran over to her.

"Wait! Rocket, be careful!!!" Sarah screams at him.

Rocket tackles the woman just as she was going to lower her knife and knocks her down. He looks over to Groot, who stood next to him holding the brown bag.

Referring to the man, he screams "Put him in the bag! Put him in the bag!"

Groot begins extending the roots on his hands and reaches for the green woman instead. Rocket growls angrily and looks over to him, struggling with the woman. "No! Not her, him! Learn genders, man."

While struggling to break free, the woman tries to bite Rocket in order for him to let go.

"Biting? That's not fair!" Rocket whines. "Take it easy!"

The woman began to get frustrated when she saw the man grab the grey orb that was on the ground and run of with it. She final manages to escape, throwing Rocket aside, Rocket flying off the walkway and landing face first on a glass panel, and running after the man. She picks up a piece of metal and throws it at him, making him drop the orb.

"You alright?" Sarah asks worriedly as she jumped from the walkway, landing on her feet and helping him getup, and handing him his gun.

Rocket smiles at her assuredly at her, "Don't worry, I'm fine, you don't have to worry about me all the time". he says, wincing slightly as he straightens up.

Sarah smiles back at him. "But I can't help it when it comes to you Rocket, you are important to me".

He stare at her in shock with nothing to say.

"Ok, so who is that woman, anyway?". asks Sarah, curiously

"I recognize her. She works for Ronan. Her name is Gamora." Rockets said, coming out of his thoughts

"That must be why she's after that orb. Ronan must want it." Sarah says.

"Yeah." he looks over to see the other two still fighting. He smirks, when he sees the man put a small rocket launcher onto Gamora's leg and sending her flying.

"Alright, Groot, get him!" Rocket orders to Groot who walks over to the man while he was distracted and places the bag over his head.

"What the-" the man just has enough time to say after Groot starts carrying him over his shoulder.

The trio begins walking away, Rocket looking back at Groot and noticing him smiling " Quit smiling, you idiot. You're supposed to be a professional."

Sarah giggles, but their victory was short lived as she sees running over to them and nudges Rocket next to her.

"You gotta be kidding me." he groans, but gets pushed aside and attacks Groot instead. "Hey!"

Gamora ends up cutting off both of Groot's arms and Sarah picks up Rocket's gun and aimed at Gamora, but just as she was about to pull the trigger, Gamora opens the bag and gets electrocuted by the man's gun.

"Oh this is going nowhere." Sarah moaned and lowers the gun, but notices the man running off and raises it again, glaring. "Rocket was hurt because of you,.You are not leaving, you ass." and pulled the trigger to the gun, a small ball of electricity shooting out of it, the ball hitting her target and giving a powerful electric shock.

"Yeah. Writhe, little man." Sarah says chuckling as the man screams in pain. Rocket walks over to her, looking impressed.

"Not bad on your first shot, Sarah." Rocket says smiling at her.

Sarah blushes and smiles shyly at his compliment.

Groot walks over to them whimpering, looking at his arms. Rocket looks over to him. "It'll grow back. You D'ast idiot. Quit whining."

But right before they could do anything else, They were all frozen by suspension beams from the Nova officers' ships and Sarah turned to Rocket as she heard him mumble "Oh crap..." as she drops the gun.

"Oh man..." Sarah says letting out a huff of air.