chapter 8

Dr. Possible came out once the children were all gathered together. "Hello, future rocketeers, are you ready for a fun-filled week in the galaxy regions of outer space?"

Most of the kids cheered in response, though Simon and Jeanette got the most enjoyment and had the most excitement out of the others did.

"We now say goodbye and lift off away from our families, for we will see them next week once you kids get to experience what it's like to be an astronaut like me someday." Dr. Possible said as he allowed them to say goodbye as t was time for the kids to spend their week away from home and now with him.

"We'll see ya next week, Little Sis." Jessica said.

"Take good care of yourself and remember your please and thank yous." Emily reminded as she gave Darla a nice and tight hug.

"Okay... Bye." Darla hugged them goodbye.

"Have a great time at camp, Robyn." Mr. Starling smiled.

"Thanks, Daddy." Robyn smiled back as they shared a quick hug together.

"Be good, boys, stay out of trouble," Dave reminded the Chipmunks. "That goes double for you, Alvin."

"Yes, Dave." The Chipmunks said.

"See ya, boys." Dave smiled as he then drove off.

Ms. Miller hugged the Chipettes and told them to be on their best behavior as she drove off as well.

"Bye, Mom..." Amber hugged her mother goodbye.

"Goodbye, dear." Her mother hugged her back.

"See you and Dad in a week." Amber nodded.

Mrs. Smith nodded back and went back into her car. The kids all waved to their parents/guardians as they drove away for the week while their kids would be in Space Camp.

"Is it safe to come out yet?" Tom whispered.

Jerry took a look. "Almost, Robyn's dad is leaving now."

"Kimmy Cub, you take the girls to where they'll be staying, Ron, you take the boys." Dr. Possible told the two teenagers who were kind of forced to be here.

"You got it, Doctor P." Ron said.

Kim sighed slightly. "Come on, girls..."

Ron took the boys to one room with his naked mole rat friend named Rufus as Kim took the girls to another room and they collected their bags all together.

"I still can't believe this is happening," Darla said. "I mean, first I'm going to Space Camp, then my best friend in the whole wide world is going too, and we're going to be watched over by Kim Possible! This is the best day ever!"

"Yeah, lucky you..." Kim pouted slightly.

"What's wrong?" Amber asked.

"I really don't wanna be here..." Kim said. "This is kinda lame."

"Are you kidding?" Jeanette asked. "This is gonna be the best week of our lives! Didn't you do this when you were our age?"

Kim groaned and face-palmed. "I just hope Bonnie Rockwaller doesn't see me like this."

"Let me guess, school rival, right?" Darla asked.

"Oh, you better believe it..." Kim rolled her eyes about Bonnie.

"Well, I'm sure that she's not here." Darla smiled.

"She better not be." Kim hoped.

The girls were brought into a room that had several bunk beds enough for all of them, there was a window on one side of the room, plenty of empty wall spaces for posters if anyone wanted to put them on, there was a telephone on the desk in the room and a desktop computer on top of the desk next to the telephone.