Ch.5- Seeing Life In Different Colors

Comincia dall'inizio

His words made me feel so much better. I was still nervous as hell, yes, but I felt more confident. I smilled widely to show how appreciative I was of him and his little pep talk.

“And before you ask… yes. I watched a little bit of you girls’ dress rehearsal. So I have finally seen you live, kind of. And yes, you are gonna rock tonight.”

His dimples were prominent as he smiled. I couldn’t help but notice how cute he was when he showed them off unknowingly. Too bad Alainey has dibs…

“Thanks Ashton, I really mean it.” I said. Just then, I heard someone call my name. It was one of the managers, and she sounded like she was looking for me.

“That’s my cue... I guess we’re about to get ready to go on!”

He pulled me in to a tight hug as we stood up.

“Good luck! Remember, we’re all gonna be backstage watching and jamming out with you guys. You’ll do great! NOW GO OUT THERE AND ROCK THE HOUSE!”

15 minutes later, it was time. I stepped out on the stage, with all the lights off so the crowd couldn’t see us coming. Slowly, our background band started playing the opening notes to our first song. The crowd screamed, not even knowing who was on stage, but because SOMEONE was on stage. The lights slowly turned on as I brought the mic to my lips. Without hesitation, my voice started singing every word. My body instinctively did the little dance moves along with it. Thank God for instincts, cuz my mind was going blank right now. It was just me, Alainey, our music, and 15,000 screaming girls.

My heart beat pounded as we finished our first song. “Hello Seattle!”

The crowd erupted in screams. “My name is Cayley Madrid...” Management told me my name would sound more popular if I went by my first and middle name, as Madrid was more stylish than Farris, which was my last name.

“And I’m Alainey Luna. And together, my best friend and I here, we’re..”

“A-oh-Cay!” We said in sink.

“Are you guys excited for the show tonight?”

More screams.

"Yeah? So are we! Who all is excited to see 5 seconds of Summer?”

The screaming level got insane as soon as those words left my mouth.

“What about… our good friends… I don’t know if you’ve heard of them, theyre called… One Direction?”

With the level of screams after that, you’d think no one in the crowd would ever be able to hear again.

“Yeah! They’re pretty cute. Quick question for you guys. How many of yall have seen us on youtube?”

Surprisingly, we got a few screams. Not much but hey I wasn’t complaining.

“Thank you so much! Well, because of you guys, we get to open up for the 2 coolest acts on the planet. So I really hope you enjoy what we wanna show you. And if you’ve never heard of us, and you like what you hear, maybe go check us out on youtube?” Alainey said, her words followed by cheers from the crowd.

“Yeah? Also, we have a single that comes out on iTunes in just a few weeks… we’re gonna play that one for you. It’s called Unnoticed. I hope you like it!”

We played our song and got an overwhelming reaction from the crowd. Everyone loved it, it looked like. I looked off to the side of the stage to see Ashton smiling at me, holding up a thumbs up. Next to him stood Harry, also smiling. I blushed a little at that sight, and then realized I hadn’t seen Harry since the night of the spilled soda.