Chapter Three: The Wrestling Team

"Waffles or Pancakes?"

"Waffles." I yawned at my mom as I chugged down my orange juice. I was all dressed in light denim shorts, a white T-shirt, and converse. I pulled my hair up in a pony tail, and sat at the white marbled island counter. I sat my nike bag on one of the stools. She studied it.

"So today is the day you join a sport. What are you going for?"

"The wrestling team."

"I'm sorry, what?" My mom giggled nervously.

"You heard me, mom. Say that's a man sport all you want."

"Ugh, why are you such a boyish girl? I knew I shouldn't have let your dad have you when you were younger."

"Keep using that excuse mom. Dad is just a preppy as you are."

"True that. That's why we're divorced." My mom smiled, tossing a plate of waffles in front of me. "Speaking of divorce, I have a date tonight."

"You go, mom." I did a happy groove in my seat.

"You need a ride? I'll be on my way to work in a minute."

"Sure, I guess so."

----

I waved to my mom as she drove away and proceeded to walk through the parking lot of school. On my way towards the building, I ran into Kik.

"Hey, Xzavia." He smiled at me. "Come here." I got nervous as I walked his way. He was with a group of guys by a black hummer.

"What's up?" I asked, studying faces.

"These are my friends. Daniel, Jordan, Evan, and Mike."

"Hi, nice to meet you all."

"Nice to meet you too." They all spoke.

Daniel had sandy blonde dreads with blue eyes with really tan skin. Jordan also had dreads, but they were black, he had brown eyes, and he was african american. Evan looked puerto rican with a curly fro and a fade on the sides. He had hazel eyes. And Mike was caucasian with a buzz cut and onyx eyes.

They were all pretty good lookin.

"We're about to skip and go chill. Wanna come with?"

"I would but I have wrestling after school."

"You're going for wrestling? We're all on the team." Evan smirked. "We'll have you back in time because we gotta be here too."

"I dunno, guys. Seems risky." I said, folding my arms.

"Okay well suit yourself." Kik shrugged.

"Out of curiosity, where are you guys going?"

"To go catch a movie, then eat pizza." Kik winked at me.

"That does sound pretty fun, but I'm gonna have to pass. See you guys at practice." I waved as I walked away.

"Later."

------

I ate my lunch in a corner table by myself, like I did my first day. I looked at the talkative teens and decided to plug in my headphones. As I started listening to The Arctic Monkeys, I got a glimpse of a really cute guy passing my table. That's when the piece of burger fell from my mouth.

It was Tao.

He sat to the far right next to my table with a group of teens vaping. They were all laughing and joking around, having fun. I sighed.

I'll never find a new squad here.

"Hello." I looked up from my iPhone. A cute girl with tan skin and a million of freckles on her face. She had brown hair pulled up in a bun, a hoop on each side of her nose, light brown eyes, small but full lips, and earrings up and down each ear. She had on a black blouse, black skinny jeans torn by the knees, and some black ankle boot pumps that laced up in the front. She wore a lot of gold rings on her fingers, acrylic black matte nails, and a gold heart necklace on her neck with a black chocker.