Chapter 23

Ariel's POV
Cameron really hasn't been home at all because he's on tour. I miss him SOOO much! I decided to- *knock* *knock* who is that? I grab Lana from her bed and slowly walk down stairs. I peep in the little peepy hole and see a man figure standing on my front porch. I slowly open the door and see a familiar face with a bouquet of roses in his hands. He looks up and- "MATTHEW!" I squealed. I sat Lana in her swing and ran into his arms as he put the roses on the ground. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he lifted me off the ground and walked into my house and closed the door with his foot. "I've missed you so much" he whispered in my ear. "I've missed you too" I said staring into his brownish eyes. "Where's Cam?" He asked moving his arms down, wrapping them around my small waist. "He's on tour." I said. "You've been here by yourself!?" He said shocked. "Yeah." I said looking down. He lifted my chin with his index finger. "Look. I came over to tell you this. After being your best friend and telling you all my hopes and desires, I need to tell you what will make me happy. You have always been there for me through our ups and downs; you've listened to my problems and, most of all, you've put up with me and all the crazy things I do. I love being with you and acting like fools, and I just love everything about you. You are the best friend I have ever had, but last night when I was trying to go to sleep, I kept thinking about all the other boys. But then I thought about you, and I couldn't stop thinking about you! I thought about all the good times we've had together, and I thought about that day we went mudding on the four wheelers, and I realized that it's not the other people I want to be with, it's you." He said staring into my eyes. "Matthew. I'm married." I said looking down. "You were forced." He said lifting my chin again. "But Matthew. I love Cameron, but I will admit, I've always had a crush on you." I said sitting on my couch. He sat down next to me. "Matt-" I was cut off my him kissing me. It felt wrong but so right. Im married. I promised to stay with Cameron. We parted and he asked "movie?" "Sure." I said smiling. He picked out a scary movie. "Matthew. You know I don't like scary movies." I said sternly. "I'm right here." He said. I sighed and smiled. He put the movie in and sat next to me. I laid down and put my head in his lap. He rubbed my head and played with my hair. A scary part happened and I put my face into Matthew's shirt. He giggled and kissed my temple. "You're okay. I'm here." He said rubbing my back. I turn back around and he started rubbing my hair. I drifted off to sleep. "I love you Ariel" he whispered in my ear. I smile to myself. What am I getting myself into?
Never mind about this story ending.. I have many ideas! What has she gotten herself into? Stay tuned! Follow me on Insta~ @s.a.r.a.h_lynn or my fan account~ @loveablebridges love y'all!-Sarah❤️