Chapter 2

—edited

Cameron's POV
I heard someone scream, "NO! IM NOT MARRYING HIM!!!" And heard stomping going up stairs.

It was Ariel.

What was she talking about? I'm not asking her marry me! I hate her. Okay I strongly dislike her.

"What's going on?" I asked confused.

"Oh you're marrying Ariel" my mom said happily.

"Okay." I said trying not to freak out,"I'm gonna go. Catch up with you guys later"

"Cameron, wait. You have exactly 1 year to figure each other out. No girlfriends, Cameron." My mom warned.

With that, I walked out the front door I had just walked in.

I love my girlfriend. I'm not gonna break up with her now. I have a year.

Ariel's POV***

"Ariel, sweetie?" I heard a voice say, and I look up, seeing my mom.

I turned my head in an attempt to make her leave.

"Honey, you have a year" she whispered.

"A year for what?" I said, coming out a little too aggressive than I meant for it to.

My mom flinched slightly and said,"A year for you and Cameron to get to know each other."

I groaned.

"Come on, Ariel. He's a great guy" she smiled.

"Maybe for you." I shot back, rolling my eyes.

"Hey! No eye rolling in my house!" She yelled.

I looked down at my bed sheets.

"Honey, just hear me out. I think you and Cam would be adorable" she smiled.

I sighed and stood off my bed.

"Again. Maybe in your eyes. In my eyes, he's the devil in disguise" I said, mumbling the last part.

"That's not nice, young lady" my mom warned.

"Whatever. I need to do my homework" I said sitting at my desk.

"Okay, honey. I love you" she smiled, kissing my head.

"I love you too" I mumbled, looking down at my math book.

I watched her walk out. As soon as she shut the door, I grabbed my phone.

I texted my best friend, Andi.

ANDI! Meet me at Starbucks in 10! This is an emergency!

I decided to change into something that wasn't as dressy as I had on.(outfit below⬇️)

I put my hair up in a high ponytail and looked at myself in the mirror

My makeup looks horrendous.

I fixed my makeup and grabbed my phone and headed downstairs.

"Mom, I'm going to Starbucks with Andi. Be back in an hour or so" I yelled through the house but no one answered me.

Oh well.

I walked out of the house and got into my car and drove to Starbucks.