Chapter 1: Happy

The sound of the waves is one of the most beautiful things Emily loved about living in California. She had it all.
A house right in the hill of the coast, full time job at a school as athletes director, the health and fitness she always enjoyed, but most of all the reason why she woke up with a smile every day, Layla.
Layla was Emily girlfriend for 2 years.
Emily takes a glance at her while she cooks Emily some breakfast in the kitchen.

"Well good morning sleepy head" Layla tells Emily.

Emily leans up of the bed and smiles as she stretches. She gets up and walks to Layla wrapping her arms through the back of Layla waist.

"Mmm it smells delicious" Emily says.

"And it taste even better, common sit down" Layla smiles as she hands Emily a plate.

"Mhm your right babe, this does taste like Sunday morning" Emily mumbles.

"You just say that because if you don't compliment my food i probably won't love you anymore" Layla jokes.

"Is that even possible?" Emily giggles.

"I recommend you don't test it" Layla smiles and puts food in her mouth. "Mm I almost forgot there's a card from the mail from you I think it said it was from Hanna"

"Where is it ?" Emily looks around.
"By the phone " Layla said.

Emily gets up and walks towards the phone as Layla stares at her taking a sip of her coffee.

"This seems like an invitation card" Emily mentions.

"For what?" Layla gets up and walks towards Emily.

"Let's see" Emily mentions as she opens up the envelope . "Omg"

"What!" Layla responds scared.

"Hanna is finally opening her fashion industry and she's basically inviting us to the opening night event in 3 weeks" Emily says with excitement.

"Wow that's gonna be huge, Hanna really made so much progress" Layla smiles.

"Unbelievable that girl used to always talk and talk about this and the girls and I would always laugh or rolls out eyes... The good days " Emily smiles as she puts the invitations back in the envelope.

"The timing is actually perfect, we both get vacations next week" Layla says.

"Do you think it be a good idea to visit?" Emily asks happily.

"Mmm lets see ... You, and me, vacation, a little flashbacks, I don't see why not" Layla hugs Emily.

Emily looks at her with the shine in her eyes.

She leans in and kisses Layla.