Chapter Three: Getaway

Chapter Three

 Getaway

This was the worst moment of my life. It felt worse than anything else, even in situations like losing your diary and exceeding curfew. I was kissing Damon Wright. I was kissing my rival, my enemy, and my incubus. I’ve dreamed my whole life to share my first kiss with someone special, someone who actually sees me, not through me. And right now, that fascination is destroyed and I can never mend it to square one. Gone. Just like that. Given to the guy I loathe most. Seriously, why didn’t I just kill myself in the morning?

We kissed in silence. I had every desire to push him away. And I did. His chest was hard with muscles and the tight shirt he was wearing made him looked hotter. Yes, maybe I had a little thing for him because he can be a really nice person at times. I just hated him because he pretty much was a fierce competitor in the Choir and he always picks on me. He was the leader of the Choir but I seemed to be his favourite person to shot his bullets at. Secondly, Elizabeth is his girlfriend. That makes them the perfect couple and the perfect duo to ruin my teenage life. But as I was implying, he can be a seriously good man. Outside of Choir and of Elizabeth’s reign, he was just a normal guy.

I shivered when I thought Damon blanked out. He didn’t totally fainted but he was kind of going to. I chided myself mentally when I remembered Damon was proned to hemicrania and wasn’t supposed to experience any means of fatigue or nervousness. I’ve never punched anyone harder. He broke off from the kiss, which I’d rather just call it the gentle touch of our lips, and winced as he pressed his palm against the side of his head. He began rubbing his temples and the painful look on his face was filling me with guilt. I kept my body stiff, afraid that if I move a finger, something bad would happen. Besides, this was bad enough. If Damon decides to file a complaint about me hitting him to the Principal, not only will I get suspended and make mom worry but also my GPA will get affected. “Are you okay, Damon?” I asked, after using every nerve and courage I managed to gather while my head was still pounding with troubling thoughts. He finally opened his eyes and a tint of light brown specks shone from his iris. His eyes were slightly watery and that made my heart clenched with further more guilt. “No I’m not… help me up to the bench please.” He pleaded and I felt like crying along with him. No, I wanted to sing to him even more. I know it will heal him as much as it will heal me. But I dare not. I was a coward of my own talent.

I placed my hand onto his masculine arm while still lying down on the ground. He was weakly steadying himself on all four and I tried to get out of his capture. When he suddenly winced slightly more severely than before, I panicked and thought he was about to collapse onto me again. The anxiety built up rapidly and finally reached to an acme where my knee jolted and unexpectedly hit him in the groins. I winced while he groaned in pain and falling onto me once more. His body grinded against mine and I felt like I was flattened. I tried to push him off of me before I suffocate to death but I can’t outdo his weight.

The bell rang and that meant that gym class was over and the girls will be back here. That also meant Elizabeth will be back here, witnessing her boyfriend on top of another girl and the story of drama and misunderstanding will be aired. I honestly can’t take any of that.