Chapter Two: My second worst enemy.

Chapter two.

My second worst enemy.

It was physical education period which also refers to the torture chamber. Nobody lives without getting muscle cramps or get yelled at by Mr Rupert during physical education. The only ones who could stand this thing were the guys from the football team...and maybe some girls from the cheerleading arena. But that was because they were made to engage in training for at least 4 hours everyday. That’s sick. I am from the choir and 2 hours of continuous singing can literally cause serious sore throats. Let alone jumping and throwing and leaping..

You can definitely see who actually are from football or the cheerleading squad mainly by observing their stamina. A person who can run 5 rounds without panting heavily and wish he or she actually die instead is either a football player or a cheerleader. And if you see me, I’ll be practically crawling on the ground and crying the tiredness out…which is usually what I’ll be doing, like right now.

I panted heavily while laying flat on the ground with my face facing the gym hall’s ceiling. I used to think that the gym’s ceiling have one of the most ugliest lightings ever but surprisingly, it’s these hideous small wall lamps that always makes me better after a hard-struggled run. It is like the little light shining through that gives me that pint of hope of standing up to complete this killer test. I really felt it, the hope and all but honestly, such hopes are hard to keep it by your side, not in my situation at least.

I seriously need to give up. Crawling to Mr Rupert’s feet, I let out a small cry, ”Mr Rupert… you will be such a saviour if you decide to spare me…”

He looked down at me and furrowed his brows, giving me that look full of skepticism. He folded his arms and replied to my pathetic statement, for all I know, I was not someone who begs others, “Well.. Ms Young, you have been under my teachings for over a year now, and you should know I am not one to tolerate a weakerman.” I listened to him and all I hear in my mind was “you are excused to stop running.” I believe Mr Rupert have already known I’m the girl with the mouth of excuses but he should also know that if I want something, I’ll get it, no matter how hard it takes.

All of a sudden, I felt a searing pain at my ankle and I can’t help but scream. Everyone in the gym hall halted and looked to my direction, where Mr Rupert had knelt down to assist me in my dramatic scene. Before I knew it, tears streamed down my face. Cassie was right beside me and hopelessly pleading Mr Rupert to spare me some mercy. When he finally agreed, Cassie helped me up and we headed to the locker room.

When we reached the locker room, Cassie let me go as she sighed contently.

I fell to the ground and the pain got worse , “Cassie!”

I cried in pain but the girl was obviously oblivious to what was really happening. “My acting was great isn’t it?!” She squealed.

I gave her the i-can’t-believe-it face with my mouth dropped open. “Cassie! I’m serious this time!”

She stopped smiling and quickly squatted by my side while I continue wincing in pain. “You mean, you’re not putting up an act to get away?...Like you always do?”

“What’s that supposed to mean?!”

“No no, I was just saying.”

Again, I flashed the can’t-believe-it face but there was no room in my brain right now to think about what words to say next. I just wanted to free myself from this ridiculous pain. I put my hands around Cassie and urged her to sing me a song.