New School, Same Ol' Iris

Start from the beginning

"Wow," Iris breathed out in awe. Even though Iris was a witch and had been around a lot of other wizards and witches. The magical world never ceases to amaze her.

Lily looked at her sister and smiled widely, showing off her perfect white teeth. "It's amazing isn't it?"

Iris could only find herself nodding in agreement. She just wasn't able to find her voice. She didn't have to, however, as her mother came up to the girls and pulled them into a tight hug. "Oh Lily, Iris, we are going to miss you," Octavia gushed.

"Mum," Iris whined. "You'll see us at Christmas. Besides you're always happy to see me go, you don't have to endure my pranks for the rest of the year."

Octavia sighed, but smiled nonetheless and placed her hand on Iris' head. She patted down the girls unruly short red hair before her hand was swatted away by the teen. "We'll miss you no matter what," Octavia smiled lovingly before turning to Lily, "and you too Lily, just make sure you're sister stays out of trouble."

Iris huffed crossing her arms in irritation, they all know she's going to get into trouble no matter what her parents said. "Don't worry Mum I can look after her," Lily said pulling Iris into her side and smiling brightly. Craig chuckled pulling both of his daughters in for a hug.

"No pranking, Iris. There aren't many other schools we can send you too if you get expelled again." He laughed kissing the top of her head and doing the same to Lily. Iris shook her head before pulling away from her father and sticking her tongue out at him before smirking.

"I make no promises."

Both Octavia and Craig shared a look with each other. They loved Iris dearly, there was no way for them to not to. But they were slightly disappointed that she had been expelled from Beauxbatons. To their knowledge, there weren't many other wizarding schools for her to attend. And their worst nightmare was that she'd be expelled from every school and not be able to graduate. But she only had two years left. There was no way she could get expelled from every school in a year or two, could she?

"Come on, we won't be able to get a compartment at this rate," Lily complained.

A small black kitten walked towards the group. It was small, it had to be the smallest kitten in London. Trotting its way towards the group it rubbed up against Octavia and Craig's legs, purring in delight. It hissed at Petunia, who scowled at it. And it finally walked over to its owner, Iris. "There you are!" Iris picked up the small kitten and stroked its fur, "I was wondering where you got to."

The kitten, Shadow, purred and brushed his head up against Iris' hand. "Right, we've got everything now. Let's go." Lily exclaimed before dragging her twin over towards the pillar. Their family waved goodbye to them, minus Petunia who continued to sulk. Iris took a deep breath before glancing at Lily.

Lily smiled at her twin before running towards the pillar and disappearing into the cream color wall. Iris smirked before running after her sister. As soon as she ran through the wall her surroundings changed drastically. The bleak and dreary settings of Kings Cross changed into a bright and exciting platform. No normal, boring muggles were running around carrying suitcases and traveling for work.

Instead, young children ran around with each other laughing and enjoying themselves. They chased after their pets and hurried to try and get onto the train. And in front of her, in all its glory, was the Hogwarts express. It was a gigantic, magnificent train. The red and black train was completely amazing, and Iris had to admit it was much better than the pegasus drawn carriage she rode to get to Beauxbatons. At least in her opinion.

"Iris this is so amazing that we're going to the same school," Lily gushed breaking Iris out of her daze. Still gobsmacked Iris could only nod her head in amazement. "Come on, we need to get on the train," Lily said as she dragged Iris towards the train.