"And you did. No matter what obstacles got thrown your way, you dodged them and kept going. And I couldn't be prouder of you. You're just an amazing young woman and I can't believe that I had the pleasure of raising you. So go out there, and no matter what, I'm proud of you." She wiped a tear off her face and I wrapped her in a hug.

"Mom I love you so much. I had no idea you believed in me that much. Thank you for everything. I couldn't be on this journey without you." I said into her shoulder.

"I couldn't be on this journey without you. Now go clean up your face. They'll be here any minute." She kissed my forehead and I went to the bathroom to wash my face, as I heard a knock on the door. I walked back into the main room and saw the cameras setting up.

"Good morning." I smiled to the crew. I spent about an hour getting random shots with them, and Jeff walked in.

"Hello ladies! Just wanted to check in with you on today. Starting at nine o'clock, Madison we need you in the interview room. At ten, you're needed in wardrobe to make any final adjustments, after that at eleven you'll head to the stage. You'll have the stage to work on anything you'd like for an hour, alone. After that, you'll go to lunch, then you'll come back here, change into a nice dress for the after party and to walk into the green room in and do whatever you need to do to prep. You're expected back at three thirty for your final interview, and your dressing room time begins at four thirty. Show starts at six." He gave the run down of the day and my mom was quickly writing along.

"Sounds great, thank you!" I smiled and he and the cameras left. "I get one more rehearsal!" I did a mini dance and my mom laughed at me. I grabbed my bag and made sure I had everything. I ran outside and saw Zack talking to his mom, with his back towards me. I snuck up on him and jumped onto his back, laughing. His mom smiled and snapped a quick photo. He set me down and turned around. He was holding a bouquet of flowers and I blushed while giving him a hug. "Thank you." I whispered.

"Hey, who said these were for you." He winked as I rolled my eyes. He handed me the flowers and kissed my cheek.

"Have you seen Brianna?" I asked him, looking down the hall. My mom walked outside and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Well we have to go, so you'll see her there." Mom explained locking the door. I sighed and Zack grabbed my hand.

"Time for you to go win." He gave my hand a small squeeze, and we started walking to the elevator. We climbed into our cars and as we started driving I put in my earbuds and listened to my solo song, and looked out the window.

As I stood in front of the dressing room, I took a deep breath. Brianna, Asia, and I grabbed hands and walked in. We tried on all of our costumes, our group ones definitely being the most abstract of them all. Mom walked in and set down her bag.

"What's on your neck?" She asked me, just as concerned as I was.

"My group costume." I pointed to the half of a blue flower going up and around the back of my neck. She contained her laughter and I changed out of the white mesh costume, and into a pretty light blue dress.

"Trio?" She asked me, and I nodded. I did a turn, and everything looked great. I quickly changed into my finale costume, which was a blue two piece, with a flower clip in my hair, and a little connecting sash between the top and the skirt. "I love this one." Mom smiled and took a picture of me.

"Me too, it feels like me." I looked into the mirror.

"So it's a blue theme?" She asked me, glancing at all of my costumes.

"Guess so." I shrugged and did some turns in my costume. I looked over at Brianna, who had a beautiful white feathered costume, looking like a literal angel. "Bri, that's gorgeous!" I shouted across the room.

"Thanks hun! Yours is beautiful." She smiled at me, while Samantha made some final touches to Brianna's costume. Asia had a giant pink feather bow on her head along with a black sparkly two piece, with a pink sequined jacket.

"Asia, you look very cute." I complimented her and she gave me her toothy smile. We all changed out of our costumes and I headed to the stage. I ran up the stairs to the stage, and mom sat in Abby's chair.

"Oh, I feel powerful." She put her hands on the table and I laughed. She played the group dance, 'Mamma I Made It', and I did it to the best of my ability without my set, or my partners. When I finished, she smiled and set her phone down. "That could have been a solo."

"Stop it mom." I lightly laughed.

"No I'm serious. I know what the dance is supposed to look like, and I didn't even notice the other eight kids were missing, along with a ten foot scaffolding." She complimented me, playing the trio music, 'Finish Line'. After finishing she gave me her notes. "I know Asia is off beat, and you and Brianna aren't on the same one. Are you positive that you're correct?" She asked me and I confirmed with a nod. She played my solo song, and I really felt the song, and put everything into it. "Madison, your emotion and your faces were spot on," she smiled, and I exhaled into a relaxed smile, "but you forgot about the dance, like it was secondary to you." I looked up at the ceiling, and studied the lights. "Look at me." Mom redirected my attention.

"I can't find the balance. It's either, perfect technique, great turns and zero face, or all face and emotion with no dance skills and I'll automatically lose either way." I sat down and dangled my legs off the front of the stage.

"That's not true. You've been dancing on this stage for two months now, and have left your soul here countless times, and they just haven't seen it. You just need to go the extra mile, without sacrificing any of your talent. You can do that, and I know you can because you do it at every competition back at home." She gave a mini pep-talk. All to soon, my hour was up and I headed to lunch.

"I still can't eat." I sighed sitting next to Jordyn and Hadley.

"Don't be nervous, you're amazing." Jordyn smiled at me.

"It's not just nerves. I'm just so anxious and. I want everything to go perfectly and it's just stressful." I poked my fork at my salad. Zack sat down across from me and stole a crouton. I looked up at him and jokingly rolled my eyes. "Can I help you?"

"No." He winked and gave me a smirk, melting my heart. "You need to eat, you can't win on an empty stomach."

"I'm not going to win. I'll come in second, I already know it." I pulled my hair into a ponytail, and checked the time-1:23. "I've got to go." I said before anyone could argue my feelings.

"Bye Maddie, send me a picture of what you're wearing tonight, because I have no clue!" Jordyn requested, giving me a hug and I nodded. I waved bye to everyone, and Zack followed me out of the cafeteria.

"Wait up Mads!" He called after me and I turned around. He grabbed my hands and I looked up at him. "Literally the only person here who doesn't think you're going to win, is you. Brianna told me today she knows she's getting second to you, and she's your biggest competition. I know it can be hard to believe in yourself, I know it's hard to live up to everyone's expectations. Don't worry about winning for anyone, or winning because it's expected. Just dance, because you're damn good at it." I squeezed his hand.

"Thank you. I love you, but would you mind if I went to get ready alone right now? I just need to get out of my own head." I explained and he kissed my lips.

"Do what you need to do. I'll be here waiting for you."