"A giant waterslide." He responded, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Oh, the kids will love that. That'll be fun for them." I said as I waited to flip the pancakes.

  He rolled his eyes. "Don't think that just the boys are going to have all the fun, you're going to go down it with me whether you like it or not."

  I scoffed. "You thought."

"Nope, you are. No buts about it." I turned to look at him, his eyes were pleading. "Please?" He begged.

I sighed, giving in. "Fine, but only because you asked like that. You know I always give in." Luke just smirked.

::::

"Everyone get ready, now. Y'all are going to love this!" I heard Luke yell from outside.

  I slipped into my flip-flops and smiled as I heard the kids squeal. Making my way out the back door, I saw the boys running to the water slide. Til went first, landing with a splash into the pool. I laughed, catching Luke's attention who was standing off to the side in his swim trunks. He turned and I saw his eyes dance up and down my body as he began making his way towards me. Immediately, he grabbed my hand and began pulling me around the corner of the house, his feet picking up speed.

"Luke, what are you doing?" I asked, confused.

He didn't say anything, but backed me up against the side of the house, crashing his lips onto mine. I was quite confused, but gave into Luke's touch as he ran his hand up my leg.

  "I had to, I'm sorry." Luke said breathlessly as we parted lips.

  I giggled. "Damn, cowboy."

He smirked. "You were just killing me in that bikini. For one, I couldn't do that in front of the boys. And for two, if I hadn't, we would have had an unexpected visitor in my pants."

I just shook my head and began walking back with Luke.  "Bet you can't catch me!" I yelled suddenly, taking off towards the pool.

Luke laughed. "Oh, I bet I can!"

I felt two arms pick me up as we neared the pool. "Luke!" I squealed as he jumped into the pool with me in his arms.

:::

The door wall slid shut and I scooted over to make room for Luke on the porch swing we had. I smiled as he sat down and I placed the blanket in which I was under over his lap. The night sky was clear, not a cloud in sight, and each star above us twinkled brightly. It was peaceful out here and I loved it.

"Bo's fine," Luke spoke. "He just woke from a bad dream."

"About?" I ventured, snuggling up to Luke's side.

Luke wrapped his arm around me, rubbing his hand up and down my side.

  "Oh, just some giant spider, I guess." Luke said, chuckling.

  It got quiet after that, only the echoing sounds of the crickets singing their harmonies was heard. I watched as Luke stared up at the sky, admiring the billion stars that dazzled around us.

  "Hey, Luke," I whispered.

   "Hmm?" He mumbled.

   "If I tell you something, do you promise not to be upset?" I asked cautiously.

  "Of course, baby."

"Luke, Tate called me his Momma this morning while you were still asleep." I said, glancing up at Luke.

  He smiled. "Why on Earth would I be mad about that?"

  "I just figured you wouldn't want that. We're not even married and you don't want him forgetting Chelsea."

  Luke shook his head. "No, baby, I'm okay with it. I wouldn't ever let him forget about his real mother, but it's a good thing he finds a motherly figure in you."

  "I love you, Luke." I said sleepily, yawning.

Luke leaned down, wiping the strands of hair out of my face, and placed a kiss on my forehead. "I love you, darling."

Author's Note

Filler chapter? This book is coming to an end!