group project

Kirstin and Esther got to ELA quickly and choose seats in the back. Despite their early entry and Mrs. Waters' surprised expression. They hadn't achieved their goal. Sadly, Esther and Kirstin both hadn't thought about the fact that boys would be pouring in sooner or later and they'd see them. Half catcalling Kirstin, the other making fun of Esther.

"Hey pretty nice tits, sup nasty cool zits," the first guy came in. He was the same one from the hallway.

"That's Alex," Esther turned to Kirstin. "Don't confuse him with Alex Kirk, Kirk is a nice guy. This is Alex Philham."

"Go die in a hole, Philham," Kirstin said under her breath as Alex P took a seat right in front of the girls. Esther sneered, finding Kirstin's comeback funny.

"School hottie with school nottie," Another guy who seemed to be Alex P's friend sat down next to Alex.

"And that is Jonathan Lauren," Esther pointed to the guy that had just sat down. "He's Alex's friend, but everyone thinks they're gay."

"Fuck off Lauren," Kirstin flipped off Jonathan, covering her finger with her other hand so the teacher wouldn't see. She was a badass, but not a badass that gets in trouble.

Three girls walked in at the same time, chewing gum. They sat close to the front in a row.

"Those three are the Skylar sisters," Esther pointed. "Angie, Lizzie, and Maggie. Lizzie and Alex P are a thing but rumors have gone around saying Angie likes Alex, too." Other students started to pour in in waves.

Mrs. Waters turned around, causing everyone to look up at her. She was surprisingly young. She had short curled red hair that reached her shoulders. She was average height, although she looked short compared to the giant football players in the classroom. She had glasses on her desk but she didn't seem to need them. She wore black pants with a beige light knitted sweater. She had matching color flats to go with it.

"Good morning class, today, I have a project for you," she smiled. "I know it's the first day, but you won't be throwing rotten tomatoes at me when I tell you it's a group project and it's linked with theater."

"I hope we can work in threes," Esther whispered to Kirstin. "It could be you, me, and Kate..." Esther was looking around the classroom nervously.

"As you know, Hamilton is one of the most popular shows on Broadway. We have been asked to do a project based on Hamilton's life," Mrs. Waters started to walk between the desks, scanning everyone. "In addition to this, we will be seeing Hamilton. The date has not yet been decided and permission slips will be sent out to your parents when the date has been decided."

There was a wave of excitement through the class. Some sighed, very few groaned, and everyone else turned to their friends.

"That musical is like life at school," Esther turned to Kirstin. "Alex and Jonathan being Hamilton and Laurens. Ang, Liz, and Mag being the Schuyler Sisters, Angelica, Eliza, and Peggy."

"Do y'all have Jefferson and Madison?" Kirstin asked.

"My brother Avi Kaplan and his friend Kevin Olusola, oddly enough," Esther stated. "You'll meet them at lunch. Mitch and Scott are Lafayette and Mulligan. I'll explain later."

The buzz soon died down and Mrs. Waters had everyone's attention.

"For your ELA grade however, you will be writing essays on Google Docs. Each group hands in one essay," Mrs Waters explained. "If I get a group that hands in multiple essays like last year, you get 20 points off and you will start your grade with an 80. That is, around a B-." Half the class turned to Alex and Jonathan for a moment, them looked away.

"You will choose your own groups, 3-4 people, The computer cart is in the back," Mrs Waters made every resource known to the class. "You may begin."

The class quickly merged and groups were easily formed with friend groups. Suddenly, Kate walked in.

"Ah, Kate, you're late," Mrs. Waters smiled. "We're doing a group project. Join a group and they'll explain."

"Oh, I already know," Kate smiled back. "I got the assignment at home because I was marked absent. My assignments were emailed to me by Mr. Richard."

Esther was beckoning Kate heavily and Kate walked up to Esther and Kirstin.

"Kate, meet Kirstin," Esther made their greeting formal. "Kirstin's the new girl. She's in our ELA group and maybe our friend group if she's willing?"

Esther and Kate both looked at Kirstin longingly, obviously looking for a yes.

"Of course," Kirstin smiled briefly. Esther had been so kind and Kate already seemed like a good person.

"Yay!" Kate for excited. She grabbed a laptop from the cart and sat with Esther and Kirstin.

"I have the document, I'll add you two, I assume you have worked with Google Docs before," Esther said, typing quickly.

The three of them got settled and began to start the project.

A/N:

Happy Fourth Of July! I've done almost nothing today. I hope y'all like the chapter. I'd also appreciate some feedback.

Maybe a vote so I can be sure Wattpad didn't just glitch and give me sympathy reads or somethin (or just to tell me you like it)

Anyways, I'm glad y'all actually read this. You don't have to comment, I just love feedback.

- Satan