Rock in the pillow

Have you ever experienced a coincidence so incredible that it left you stunned?
What happens in our lives is beyond our control. Think about it, no matter how carefully you design your life, you cannot know how that design will be affected by a single random event. One small detail can and will change everything.
Like... Meeting a random girl who had cut herself because of a shitty boyfriend.

        - Who is this, Louis? - Charlotte spits words against me

- Who is this, Louis? - Charlotte spits words against me. She holds the portrait tightly making the top of her fingers go white. I don't know why she's doing that.
- He's my brother. - I say, completely lost. And defenseless. Something huge is coming. Charlotte turns to me, her eyes look desperate.
- ... W-what is his name?
Small, light tears slide across her cheeks. A subtly change of humor which makes me see Lotte can barely control her emotions.
- Why are you crying? Oh Lord...
- What is his name, Louis? - She insists.
- Lotte, I think you should give me that photo.
- Why? - She presses it against her chest and covers it with both arms, like a child protecting its toy from other bully children.
- What are you doing??!
- Louis, PLEASE... - She doesn't stop crying. - What is his name?
I just stand there visualizing myself in the near future. Should I answer her question? Should I lie his name?
My hands go directly through my hair, brushing the top of a fringe, that actually has never been there. Ops.
Charlotte gasps, her fists close more around the frame, although it couldn't get any tighter. I panic, she will get hurt.
- Give me that photo, Charlotte!
- Y-you did the same t-thing he d-does...
- I know!
- Why..?
I feel my head exploding, truth suddenly slapping my face, as clear as the hospital's sheets.
- Because I have seen THIS boy - I point to what was hidden under her arms. - pass his hands through his hair during all my life. And you?!
- Lou-
- SHUT UP!! - I yell. - SHUT UP AND LISTEN, CHARLOTTE! WERE YOU HURT BECAUSE OF HIM? DANIEL CHEATED ON YOU, DIDN'T HE?!!

Her fingers were no longer around Daniel's photo anymore.

----------#---------

>Do not forget to vote😉