VIII

He preferred riding on a horse to this. They were flying so high, (at least for him)he could only see the top of trees every thing else was a blur. His legs were dangling all over the place, any attempt to say something resulted in bugs entering his mouth. He had to stay perfectly still as wiggling would make it hard for Marcus not to drop him.

Marcus must have sighted the humans because he began to descend slowly. Since the Hybrid village was on the outskirts of Edgewood there was only one way in and out of the village and that was the sandy path unless one chose to pass through the woodland that surrounded the village. Finally, they came to a stop just few metres from the humans.

"Hello there," Kit began "There was a misunderstanding amidst my troops, no one should have been kidnapped I apologise. The kidnapped humans are on their way here as we speak, they should be here anytime soon." but the humans just kept moving towards him.

He said in a louder voice"I said the kidnapped humans have been released and are on their way."
"Do you think we are fools?," A man responded in a gruff voice, pointing his sword at Kit and Marcus."you are trying to trick us but it wont work." "What?," Kit exclaimed "Didn't you hear what i just said?your people are safe and are on their way."
"Yea right, because hybrids are the kind sort. Even if that's true what of those that were tortured and beaten, do you expect us to take that lying down?"

He turned to face his troops which included both men and women with his sword raised to the heavens.
"Onward men!,we shall eliminate the hybrid scums from the face of the earth and free our people!!." With the boost to their morale the humans rushed towards Kit and Marcus with their pick axes, swords, etc.
"Well we tried." said Marcus, grabbing Kit by the stomach and lunging upwards leaving a cloud of dust in his wake. This temporarily blinded the humans giving Marcus and Kit sufficient time to escape.

As soon as they arrived back at village Kit dispersed orders to each troop leader, the attack plan was a go and they were to disarm the humans not murder them unless it was absolutely necessary. After dispatching the orders he laid in wait with the rest of the troops. Ten minutes later and the humans where nowhere to be seen.

Where they that slow in walking? It wasn't until thirty minutes later he heard their footsteps, he and his troops rushed forward to attack but they only encountered a handful of humans. While the remaining members of his troops rejoiced at the easy defeat Kit was confused, these humans were only a small percentage of the group he and Marcus encountered earlier.

This was the only route to the village and as far as he could see no one else was coming on the path so where were the rest? Where was the man that challenged him earlier on? Did the rest desert and turn back? It was too easy, the humans they encountered put up little or no fight. Maybe he shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Suddenly humans burst out of the trees on both sides of the path and ambushed them.
The hybrids were outnumbered by the humans one to five, they had no choice but to drop their weapons and surrender. The humans rounded them up, collected their weapons and freed the humans Kit and his troops had previously captured. Their captors bound their hands and legs together and waited.

What were they waiting for? Kit wondered. Sometimes an human would tap another and whisper something into his ear and the person would just shrug in response or give a low grumble.

No one was forthcoming, hopefully the village wasn't attacked . His mind wandered to Marcus and the rest of the hybrids troops, hopefully they were not easily as overpowered as his troops. His head jerked up at the sounds of distant footsteps coming from up the path, some of his troops must have heard it too for their heard jerked up too at the sound. The humans were still discussing, they must have not heard the sound or they were expecting someone. The footsteps were getting closer, all the hybrids seemed to have heard it this time for they turned their head towards the sound and waited.