Chapter 2: Back To School Special

Start from the beginning

 "Yes." He growls and I give him a satisfied smile before dislodging the knife from his hand. Ethan doesn't give me the satisfaction of seeing him in pain as he turns quickly on his heel and stomps out of the room.

"What happened here?" I look up to see Kali leaning in the doorway of the kitchen. She points to the bloody cloth I was using to wipe up the table top with.

 "Oh just ran into a little trouble. Don't worry I took care of it." I throw the rag into the trashcan and turn back to face her. I listen as she steps towards me, the clicking sound of her toenails scraping across the hardwood.

 "Trouble? In our own kitchen." A warning tone was creeping into her voice. 

"Unfortunately one of your twins, doesn't know how to keep himself in line." I take a bite out of the steak as I raise a eyebrow at Kali.  

"Oh but you do? I think you forget your the loner of this pack, the omega. So if anyone needs to watch where their stepping its you." She says hardly intimidated by the blood I was just seen mopping up. I had always hated Kali but that didn't mean I didn't admire her. Unfortunately over the past few weeks I had been graced with the pleasure of living with her and my patience was slowly dwindling. Kali thought she was strong but she was to blind with self loathing to see just how powerful I truly was. I didn't think I could take her in a fight, I knew and the moment she pushed me a little to far I would snap her neck like a twig.

 "Your the one that has to watch where you step. You never know when someone might trip you from behind." I don't bother to finish the rest of my meal before leaving her behind for my bedroom down the hall.

A small knock shakes me awake from where I had fallen asleep on the lumpy mattress. 

"Lucy? Are you up?" A familiar voice calls out. I hold back a yawn as I rub my eyes.

 "Come in." I answer back, wrapping the faded, grey comforter around my body. The door creaks open as my dad steps inside. "What is it?" I ask as I let my arms rest at my side. 

"I just wanted to check in on you. Ethan said you came home a little late last night." He lets on like this is my new home but I knew what it really was, a prison. One where I was on close watch.

"Is that all Ethan said?" Curiosity overcomes the snarky comment I was ready to let loose. 

"Yes, but I'm assuming that's not all that happened. Unfortunately, I have bigger things to worry about then his petty judgment right now." I nod hoping he would decide to leave but of course that would be to good to be true. 

"What?" I ask when he remains silent. 

"It may seem we have a small issue with the plan." Deucalion admits. 

"And why is that my problem?"  I roll over to face the window. 

"Ethan and Aiden have been having trouble with getting under Scott's skin. Of course our target has always been Derek but we all agreed that Scott is his greatest asset." My dads emphasis on the word asset seems suspicious but I let it go. "It seems lately he's been growing stronger, building trust with the hunters and betas of not even his own pack." He wasn't wrong. Personally in my opinion Scott will always be the biggest threat, not Derek. Derek may be the alpha but Scott had connections. Everyone loved and genuinely trusted him with their own lives, both humans and werewolves. That alone was enough to scare a man who wanted nothing more than power.

 "I thought the whole point of putting the twins back in school was so they could torment him, even hurt the ones he tries so desperately to protect? Of course it never worked when you tried it on me. So I can see why your poorly thought out plan wouldn't be working" I crawl out of bed to face him.