six;

home sweet home

x

I woke up in an entanglement of Colby's arms. I managed to break my hand free to check the time on my phone.

6:34am

Today was the day myself, Nicole and Brie will be staying with me and our parents whilst John and Bryan are out doing business stuff for a few days.

I smiled at the thought of being back home. I love wrestling and travelling the world, but sometimes it's nice to take a break and go back back to the place I wouldn't have seen for almost a year.

Colby's loud snoring became unbearable, so I gently picked his arms and legs off me. I crept into the bathroom and locked the door behind me.

I had a quick shower, hoping that it wasn't loud enough to wake Colby up. I didn't think in the slightest that it was weird to sleep in the same bed as Colby. We're friends, nothing more, nothing less. I just hope my sisters will think that way, because I know why they'll want to know I left early.

I decided to wash my hair, but I couldn't be bothered to dry it. I combed it through and threw it up in a ponytail before brushing my teeth. I put all my toiletries and makeup back in their bags before putting on the robe the hotel provided and leaving the bathroom.

Colby was sitting up, holding his head. "Morning sunshine!" I said happily, knowing it would annoy him. He groaned and buried his head in the comforter.

I quickly slipped on my underwear because I knew he wasn't looking. I put on some jeans and a grey hoodie with Converse; something comfortable for a long flight.

I began to pack all my things away. Through the process I shook Colby to wake him up because I could hear him snoring again.

"C'mon Colby. I need to check out of the room soon." I whispered, shaking him gently.

He sat up, his eyes squinted. I laughed and continued to pack.

"Bad nights sleep?" I asked jokingly, grinning at him.

"Don't get me started," he said. "I haven't shared a bed with anyone in a long time."

"I thought you had a girlfriend?" I asked. I immediately wanted to smack myself. Colby's face turned sad and he sighed.

"We broke up long ago," he said quietly. "We ended in January." He suddenly sounded small and vulnerable. I felt like such an idiot, bringing it up. I hadn't realised before, but it's still a personal question and it's not fair on him.

I sat next to him and gave him a hug. I could feel him tense up, because he wasn't expecting it, but he hugged back.

I pulled apart and smiled at him sadly. "I'm sorry for bringing it up."

He chuckled. "It's fine. You didn't know, and it's completely ok." He paused before standing up. "I'll go now, give you some space. Thanks for keeping me safe last night." (Don't be dirty minded!)

Colby smiled one last time before leaving.

x
1 hour later

After Colby left I began packing again, and once I was finished I met up with my sisters at Starbucks for breakfast. We checked out of our rooms together before calling an Über to drop us off to the airport.

We got through security and all that jazz, and we are currently sitting in the terminal waiting for our flight.

Nicole and Brie are both on their phones, texting John and Bryan. I sat there, staring into space. For some reason I couldn't get Colby's face out of my mind when I asked about his (ex) girlfriend. The sadness on his face told me that she meant a lot to him, and I couldn't help but feel for him.

I've never wanted a boyfriend, and I've never had one. I don't mind though; it's nice being a single pringle. The idea of one now would be nice, but I'm happy on my own.

x

The flight went smoothly, thank god. No turbulence, no one throwing up in front of us; it was actually quite relaxing.

We exited the plane, and went to pick up our bags. We got through security and exited the terminal.

I love my parents. They're kind, caring and supportive, but they're also VERY embarrassing. Especially when they decide to show up to the airport with a huge banner saying NIK-WIK, BREEZY AND DAN-DAN!

God, those nicknames make me cringe.

"Hello darling!" My mother exclaimed as I walked over. She hugged me tightly and I gladly returned.

"Hey mom." I replied, grinning from ear to ear. Her distinctive lavender and patchouli oil scent really made me feel at home and peaceful.

As my mom greeted Nicole and Brie, I walked over to my dad. He's a high class business man, but a real family man at heart. I also happen to look like him the most; my sisters definitely look like my mom.

"What's up Dan-Dan." He grinned, hugging me. I breathed in his expensive after-shave and hugged him tighter.

"Someone missed me, eh?" He chuckled.

"Yeah." I said, my voice muffled by his jacket. He pulled away and I smiled.

"Should we head home then? It's awfully late." My mom said. We all nodded in agreement and walked over to the car park.

x

"Sure feels like home doesn't it?" I asked Nicole and Brie as we walked into our teenage bedroom. The walls were a light purple, with calendars and posters stuck up randomly. 3 wardrobes and 2 dressing tables with 3 single beds, each with a bedside table.

"Oh my god, why didn't mom and dad re decorate this room?" Brie asked as she looked in all the draws of the dressing table. All our old makeup was still in there.

"Brings back memories though, right?" Nicole said as she sat down on her bed.

I nodded as I looked through the wardrobes; all our old clothes were still there.

"Hey, hey, hey, guess who's back?" I heard a familiar voice shout as they ran up the stairs. Our brother JJ walked in, arms open.

We all squealed and ran over to him, practically jumping on him. Since our brother moved out for college we've barely seen him, but he's now finished so he's free whenever.

"Surprisingly, I've missed you so much JJ!" I said as we pulled apart. He laughed.

"Well, it's nice to know you've thought about me!" He joked. We all laughed, and I knew that I was finally at home and at peace.