twenty-six;

two months

x
Dani's POV

Two months. Two months since I've last seen him. Two months since we broke up. Two months since everything changed. Two months.

I moved out as soon as I could. Taking some time off work, I found a smaller house only a 10 minute drive from Nikki and John's home. I brought new furniture, clothes, everything; the first step to moving on was to start over.

Next step was a new look. Nikki helped me to pick out an entire wardrobe, mainly holding designer brands from Nikki's recommendations.

"I feel like the more expensive, the more classy you look." She had said to me as we browsed the racks of Nordstrom.

"So you're saying that Brie looks trampy because she doesn't wear designer?" I said, raising my eyebrows.

She paused for a moment. "Well, Bries style is very unique and boho, but it suits her so it looks nice." She looked over at me. "You couldn't really pull off boho, I don't think. You definitely look and act like me." She said, in which I agreed.

The next stop was a hair appointment. After a very successful and expensive shopping spree, Nikki had booked me an at home appointment at Nikki's place. What started off as a few highlights turned into a trim. Before I knew it, my long locks were half the size as I remembered them.

"You suit that hair length so much." Nikki gushed, handing me a hand mirror after. I admired my new trim, and smiled.

"You're right, it doesn't look that bad." I said, running my hands through my hair.

The final change was a new look for my character. With rumours of a WWE draft coming up, I needed to build my character to separate myself from Nikki.

I had contacted the head coach of the Performance Centre, Matt Bloom, and asked him if I could come in for the day. He agreed and told me that I can work on my new moves with Rami.

The following day, I arrived bright and early at the Performance Centre. It was relatively early, so the only people there were the coaches. I ran into Sara Amato, as well as Coach Bloom himself. Whilst waiting for Rami to arrive, I started doing the basic warm ups: a few rolls, running the ropes and stretching.

"Sorry I'm late!" I heard someone say as they came in through the doors. I looked over to find Rami, red in the face as he settled his bags down.

"You're so early!" I joked. He laughed as he took his protein shake out of his bag.

"I know! I never knew the traffic at this time would be that bad." He said, walking over and climbing into the ring. I gave him a quick hug and got in position.

"We'll just start with lock up, ropes, leapfrog, headscissors and suplex." He recited.

We tied up before he pushed me into the ropes. I bounced off the ropes, performed a leapfrog before going into a headscissors. I picked Rami up and done a snap suplex.

"Awesome," he said as he got back up. "So, what do you have in mind today?"

"Well, I want a complete new move set," I said as I walked over to my bag to grab my drink. "Obviously I'll need to talk to Paul about it first but I think Matt will take care of that."

Rami nodded. "Is there any specific fighting style you want to lean towards or are you up for whatever?" He asked.

I walked back into the ring, putting my bottle of water down on the apron. "I'd love to try some high flying moves, but I want to keep the armbar as well," I said. "Let's just start easy and we can work our way up."

We started off with basic crossbodys off the top rope, both grounded and standing, before getting more complex. We tried a shooting star but I didn't feel like I could pull it off, and anyway, I would need Sara with me to that, and she was busy. After going down the list of different high flying moves, I sat down on the top turnbuckle and began thinking.

"What about a blockbuster?" Rami asked.

"Yeah, sure. That sounds cool." I said, standing up.

"You'll need to grab my head as you flip over, then just fall normally, but don't let go of my head." He told me. I nodded.

I had Sara come over to help as Matt observed from the apron. I executed it for the first time, but Matt made me do it over and over. After at least 10 times of doing it over and over again I sat down to have a break.

"Any other moves you want to add or change?" Rami asked, taking a swig from his water.

"Sling blade." I said without thinking. "I want to change the sling blade."

It had never occurred to me that I used that move all the time in a match, so now that me and Fergal are over, it's time to change it. All part of the moving on process.

Rami sighed. "I'm assuming you haven't spoken to him since what happened?" He asked, and I nodded.

"He's been really missing you Dani. He's in better shape now that he was, but he still feels regret; it's obvious to see. He's continuously zoning out, and always in deep thought." He sighed again. "This will sound ludicrous, but he still cares about you."

I scoffed. "If he 'cared' about me he wouldn't of cheated on me."

"He really didn't mean it, Dani, just hear me out."

I was about to respond until the door swung open- and in walked Fergal.

Matt immediately went over to greet him as they are close friends. They were so immersed in their own conversation that Fergal didn't realise we were there.

He wore gym shorts with a tank top, and on his right arm he carried his gym bag. Rami was right, he didn't look like his usual self. The twinkle in his eyes were no longer there, instead they looked empty. No emotion in their. Just emptiness.

I looked back at Rami who was glancing between me and him, suggesting I talk to him. Instead, I stood up and said, "yeah, sling blade. Let's get rid of it."

I said it only loud enough so that he could hear, but not loud enough that it made it look bait. His head snapped over to us immediately, and we made eye contact. His shoulders looked more relaxed, as if he had just released his breath for a long time. He looked relieved almost; maybe even happy. I could see the glint of happiness in his eyes start to come back as he almost half smiled. Instead of smiling back, I looked away and payed full attention to Rami.

With the brand extension looming, I don't need to waste my time on Fergal. I start focusing on the most important thing, and something that I should of payed attention to a long time ago: me. My well being. My happiness. My feelings.

It's time I start caring about me, and stop putting effort into others who wouldn't do the same.