Hotaru: I doubt it, no one can kill that fucking cockroach.

Hayato: Yeah, he'll probably crawl back out sometime.

Chouko: Honestly, why hasn't anyone killed him yet? He's a waste of space who only causes pain to others.

Hotaru: He's probably paying Heiwajima Shizuo to protect him by pretending to be his lover. It makes sense.

Hayato: Seems like something he would do. Everything about him is fake after all.

Hotaru: Let's just hope he dies at some point.

Chouko: 'Course he will. Someone will get sick of him and stop his shenanigans eventually.

Hayato: Or he'll kill himself.

Hotaru: It's not like he has a reason to live. No one truly likes him.

-End of Feed-

Izaya finished reading off the messages and tucked his phone away in his pocket. Stretching slightly, he decided he would have to get back in shape from his entire week off. Ugh, he definitely wasn't looking forward to that-

"Did you look at the Dollars website?" Shizuo's voice broke into his thoughts.

Looking up at the blond, Izaya saw that his mocha eyes were full of worry and his fists were clenched at his sides.

What was his problem?

"Yeah, I did. I'm going to go home now, thanks again. See you-"

The informant's eyes widened with surprise as he was pulled into Shizuo's warm embrace. Feeling his face pressed into the man's chest, Izaya couldn't look up to see his expression. A gentle hand stroked through his black hair protectively and he was held as close as possible.

....What was happening?

The ex bartender's face was buried in his shoulder and Izaya began to feel wetness spread across it.

"Shizu-chan, are you....crying?" He asked softly, red orbs open with complete disbelief.

There was no way this indestructible being who was stronger than 100 people combined was actually crying.

However, a soft sob proved him wrong yet again.

"How can p-people be so cruel to you without even trying to get to know you? How can you be so calm about it?!" Shizuo asked as he hugged the small man tightly.

Izaya frowned in confusion.

"It's not a big deal, Shizu-chan." He shrugged.

After dealing with hate aimed towards him his entire life, it was easy to shield himself from being hurt by mere words.

"What the hell are you saying?! Those people were hoping you'd die!" Shizuo shouted, pulling back so that he was only holding Izaya's shoulders. Gazing into the raven's eyes, all the blond saw was complete calm.

There was no anger.

There was no sadness.

Izaya was completely indifferent to it.

"Shizu-chan, you were just saying that a few weeks ago. I'm used to it." He sighed, not understanding why Shizuo was so upset.

Shizuo stopped, eyes going wide as he realized how easily he had told a human being to kill himself for years.

It didn't matter who they were.

It didn't matter what they did.

Wishing death upon someone when you didn't know their story was not okay.

"I need to go home and work now, Shizu-chan." Izaya dipped his head slightly to the bodyguard in thanks for taking care of him before exiting the house and shutting the door behind him.

Shizuo stared at the closed door, still horrified by how nonchalant the informant was about the whole situation.

It wasn't okay for Izaya to be so used to hate and unused to love.

Sitting down on his couch, Shizuo bit his lip.

He had to change that.