A Dullahan's View

Celty Sturluson had many friends.

That might be considered odd or even unbelievable due to the fact of her not having a head. However, the dullahan had grown close to many people during her time in Ikebukuro. She regularly talked to Sonohara Anri, a high school girl who also possessed supernatural powers as well as her friends Mikado and Kida. Not only that but Kyohei Kadota and his gang upheld conversations with Celty multiple times. Of course, the person she considered to be her best and closest friend happened to be the debt collector Heiwajima Shizuo.

They had met when Shinra brought him home after a particularly bad fight with Izaya. Celty was immediately transfixed by the blond's calm and quiet demeanor despite having been a furious and inconsolable rage just a few moments before. The two hit off right from the start and ever since then they usually told each other everything, from Celty worrying about her lost head to Shizuo complaining about a certain flea. They were very close, close enough to worry Shinra that Shizuo was after his beloved. They both reassured the doctor that there was nothing romantic about their relationship, which was and still is true. Shizuo and Celty simply shared one thing in common: they were both viewed as monsters. So the two outcasts found comfort in someone going through the same problems they were and always had each others backs, telling one another everything. There were no secrets between them.

That's why it had shocked the dullahan to see pictures flooding the Dollars website of her best friend who had never even shown interest in someone else being caught kissing his worst enemy, Orihara Izaya.

Celty had immediately exited the chatroom, too shaken up to even reply to the others messages. She wondered for a second if it had been the biggest gossip in the group, Kanra, who had told them this news. However, as Celty looked through the older chat logs she confirmed that Kanra had nothing to do with this. Which means that it had been public enough for ordinary people to find out what was going on between the two.

Wait, what was going on between Orihara Izaya and Shizuo?

As long as the dullahan could remember, the ex bartender had such strong feelings of hate for the informant that she had been taken aback. How could anyone hold such passionate hatred for a simple man? After meeting Izaya for herself though, Celty could understand why the cunning man greatly upset the loyal and always truthful Heiwajima Shizuo.

So how on earth did they go from mutual anger for one another to kissing in a certain restaurant?

Celty shook her helmet, letting out a silent sigh as she raced to Shizuo's house on Shooter. She recalled how she'd warned Shizuo that she would be coming over only to receive no reply. It had been a day since the pictures were uploaded onto the website, so perhaps he was hanging out with Izaya?

No. That wasn't possible, the two would never simply be able to turn over their enemy relationship that had lasted over a decade in mere hours. The dullahan tapped her motorcycle handle, deep in thought.

Orihara Izaya was a despicable man who found joy in destroying peoples entire lives, laughing at their faces as he did so. She never knew how Shinra could deal with the insane informant's speeches about how much he loved people, choosing instead to leave Izaya to his own devices for the most part. Celty sympathized with how Shizuo could never hold back, the blond had anger issues--which was known by everyone--and Izaya used that fact to the fullest. All Heiwajima Shizuo wanted was peace and as long as Orihara Izaya was around, that was impossible.

This was known by every resident in Ikebukuro. It was clear information that everyone possessed, much like how they all knew never to mess with the two strongest men in the city. So how? How could Shizuo suddenly kiss Izaya? He was obviously the one who initiated it considering Izaya's own confused expression.

It left Celty at a loss.

She vaguely recalled Izaya talking about how unpredictable Shizuo was, giving voice to how that was one of the reasons he hated the debt collector. The dullahan had dismissed it, marking it off as the informant trying to screw around with her 'head'. Now though, Celty wasn't entirely sure that Izaya was just lying as usual. After all, who would expect the monster of Ikebukuro to even stay in the same room with the puppeteer of the city?

The dullahan's phone buzzed, signaling she had a message.

She pulled over, not wanting to give a certain police man another reason to chase her. Especially not when she was already sick with worry over Shizuo possibly being manipulated in some way.

Shizuo: The door's unlocked.

Celty nodded to herself, not bothering to reply as she was already almost to his house. She jumped on her motorcycle again and sped off to Shizuo's house, thoughts still racing.