I looked to the guards. "Well, looks like the king wanted me to take his place...." I joked. They looked at me like I was crazy.

I handed them the paper and allowing them to read what the king had written a few days ago. They looked up to me and kneeled. "Lord Herobrine." They said in unison.

"What? You actually think I can be a king? No! No way, I couldn't possibly rule over the Nether. I just......can't." I said taking a few steps back.

They looked up at me. "If the king belived you were worthy of taking his place as king, then you are able to rule over us, to protect us in ways he could not. You are our king now Herobrine. You will lead us all." The wither skeleton stated as they bowed their heads again in respect.

I just stared at them, completely bewildered. How can I rule and protect a whole dimension, when I couldn't protect one town from myself? "I-I can't.....I just...." I shook my head, still staring at the two guards kneeling before me.

The skeleton looked up to me once more. "But you must. The Nether can't be without its king. Please Brine, the kingdom needs you, the Nether needs you."

I glared at him. "How am I suppose to protect your whole dimension, if I couldn't save my town?"

"Brine, you were forced to...."

"No, I didn't fight back, they're gone and I did nothing to stop Entity." I said sadly looking away.

"Brine, that wasn't your fault, the sooner you realize that, the sooner you will be able to rule over our land."

"That was my fault....I was weak, I gave in.....I failed." They protested some more and I stayed silent.

"Please Brine, the Nether needs a ruler, and you're the only one who the king entrusted."

I looked up to them, their faces worried and tired. I sighed. "Fine, if I really am the only one to take his place, then so be it." I stated walking out of the room.

"Thank you Brine, thank you." The blaze said as I walked down the halls.

King? How can I be a king? Lord Herobrine, king of the Nether, that's what I'll be known as now. Feared by all, ruler of hell. I walked to the town and flew to my perch that I've lived on for a while. I sat and leaned against the bedrock wall. I put my knees to my chest, and wrapped my hands around them, I buried my head in my knees and shut my eyes. I can't do this. I can't rule the Nether. How can I? I couldn't protect a small town, how am I.....  I looked up and rested my chin on my knees. What will Entity gain in killing the Nether king? I'm sure he's already planning on taking over the overworld....what does he need the Nether for?

"Herobrine? Oh, there you are, the head guard wants to speak with you." A blaze said as he floated up to me.

I nodded ant silently teleported to the head guard. She was pacing the floor, the only other person in the Nether....well, person isn't really the right word, more like hybrid. I belive she's a wolf hybrid, her ears against her head and her tail swaying left and right in frustration. I leaned on the wall and watched her pace the room. "Where is he? I sent for him almost ten minutes ago....I knew I couldn't trust that blaze." She muttered staring at the ground.