The begining of my end

I felt someone shaking me. I groaned and opened my eyes slightly. Steve was kneeling over me "Hero?"

I sat up and winced in pain. I was sore all over and I still felt light headed. Something felt off, I suddenly had an urge to kill. I pushed it away and stood. "What happened?"

"I-I don't know, after Entity came, you seemed to lose control and told me to leave. I came back a few minutes ago and you were passed out on the floor." He explained.

I nodded and leaned on the wall. God, my head hurts.

Good. It's working.

What is?

My dark energy. Like I said before, you will be mine.

I thought for a while until my head started to pound. I rubbed it and walked outside. "Hey, where are you going?"

I glanced over my shoulder at Steve. "Away from here."

"Why? Where? Will I see you again?"

"Entity. I don't know where I'm going I honestly don't care, and if all goes well, no you won't." I said walking away. "Tell everyone I'm sorry, and tell Autumn to keep working hard."

"So that's it? You're just gonna leave? We need you Hero. I can't help them on my own."

I stopped and sighed. I turned and faced him. Tears were starting to fall down his face. He really needs me, but I can't help him. "I'm sorry, but you're gonna have to. I can't be here anymore."

"WHY? WHY ARE YOU LEAVING? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO GO, HUH? ARE YOU SCARED OR SOMETHING. ARE YOU AFRAID THAT HE'LL COME BACK AND KILL YOU? WHAT IS IT BRINE? CUSE I WOULD LOVE AN EXPLANATION!" Steve shouted.

I looked him in the eye and calmly said, "Yes, I'm afraid. I'm scared that Entity will take over my mind, I'm terrified that he'll force me to kill everyone we've worked so hard to protect. And I'm scared that he'll kill you." Steve looked taken aback. "I have to go. Unless you want everyone to die."

Steve shook his head in anger. "No Brine, I want you to tell me what's going on! I want to know why you are acting the way you are, I don't want you to go. They need you. I need you." He sighed.

"I-I can't tell you. I wish I could, I just can't.

"For the longest time, you were the only one who cared, now, I'm not so sure you do." He walked away.

"Steve that not wh-"

"THEN WHY?" I was quiet, trying to think of what to say. "That's what I thought. You're a coward, you don't care anymore that, or you never did in the first place." He walked away before I could say anything.

I stared after him and turned around. He's gone, I'm alone.

No, you're not. I'm still here.

You don't count! This is your fault! You're the reason this happened!

Am I?

Yes, you are. I walked out the gates, I ignored the hello from the guards and kept walking. I unsheathed my blade and looked at it. It shined in the moonlight and my name was still visible. I leaned on the tree and stared at it. "I'm sorry." I wispered as I stuck the sword into the ground. It was on the patrols route, so I knew they would find it eventually. I walked on for a few more, hours until I grew to tired to walk anymore. So I climbed a tree and tried to sleep.