Part 5: Cooper

Eventually, Brand recovered enough to show Cooper around the base. The latter still kept a watchful eye on Amelia, as she was still distraught enough to collapse. TARS accompanied them, while CASE downloaded the set of updates that TARS had managed to duplicate while on Cooper Station. 

"Here's the kitchen," Brand said. She gestured to a small galley kitchen, which contained a few collapsible cabinets, a countertop (also collapsible), and a  small table with two folding chairs.  The "living room" consisted of three more chairs, as well as a desk. These were open to each other, and only took up a small amount of space. The walls were, for now, a white, plastic sheet that would eventually be replaced with real walls. The floors, which were supposed to look like wood (the physcologists supposed it would help the astronauts feel less homesick), were a foot off of the sandy ground. There were also two bedrooms, although extras were disassembled and stored away. A short walk away was the greenhouse, which was structured quite similarly to the main area. 

"Well, that's about it," said Brand. 

"Nice place," said Cooper.

"Thanks."

There was a long pause. Cooper, for once, didn't know what to say. 

"Well, I'll be getting to bed," said Amelia. "Goodnight, Cooper."

"G'night, Brand."