'Adelaide!' Her mother told her in reproachful manner.

'It's alright, sweetheart. And did you get your head electrocuted, Ranulph?' His mother snapped at him. 'You can't just live under a tree you know, so get off your arse and get inside the house!' Mrs Murphy commanded. Ralph whimpered like a child who scraped his knee.

'Mum please!' He whined.

'Ranulph! You are a thirty year old! Stop acting like a baby and man up will you? Oh what will I ever do with you?' Mrs Murphy scolded.

'Oh don't scold him like that! He's probably in a lot of pain. Raphy, dear, listen, if you don't get in the house we won't be able to treat your thigh. It might get infected. Then it'll hurt more.' The girl's mother said.

Ralph sighed and gave in. He wrapped his arm around Robert's shoulder and leaning against him, walked inside the house, groaning and grunting in pain.

It was only when Ralph lay on his bed that he could see his guests clearly, that was mainly because the stars he was seeing because of the pain, had disappeared.

The girl's mother, to Ralph's surprise was Marianne O'Connor, a close friend of his parents. He couldn't remember the last time he saw her.

'It's Aunt Marianne, I see. How do you do?' He asked with a curt nod. His green eyes shimmering brightly.

Marianne smiled, 'Looks like you still remember me after all these years, Raphy.'

'Of course, I'll remember you...and others.' He beamed. That beam was very much...psychopathic.

'Uuh...mum...do I have to stay here...awkward.' The girl said to her mother. Mrs Murphy smiled.

'So, that means the girl is...' Ralph thought, looking at Adelaide and his eyes widened. He remembered babysitting her, she was a brat, and her brothers...even worse. They made his 'Mission: Pocket Money' a figurative hell.

Ralph groaned internally. He actually kinda liked Marianne but, her children...not so much. Sure they had grown, at least Adelaide had, as Ralph could clearly see, but she was still immature and a brat. He knew from his experience tonight.

Adelaide examined Ralph's room.

'Is it a room or library? At least he keeps his room tidy, unlike most boys I know Okay, I know only two boys properly.' She thought, an image of her brothers popping into her head. She looked at Ralph as he lay on the bed and squeezed his eyes shut in pain. Suddenly she felt really guilty.

Mrs Murphy thanked Robert, who simply said that it was the least he could do and left, shooting a cheerful smile at Ralph and Adelaide. Adelaide noticed her mother giving her a reproachful look and she sighed.

'Ralph, I really truly am sorry. Please, forgive me.' She said, in the most fake sincere tone, hoping he would forgive her so her mum would leave her alone and never ask her any more questions about the events of the night. Plus, her abdomen was still paining like hell.

Ralph frowned a bit, 'Forgive her!? Is she joking? After all that she made me suffer through?!' He angrily thought in his head. But then he noticed his mother glaring at him. Oh the things he has to do to get out of trouble!

'It's okay. I forgive you.' He said. Adelaide smiled her brightest.

'Thank the heathen Lord, I'm not in trouble! Oops, sorry...He isn't heathen.' She thought in relief. Both Mrs Murphy and Mrs O'Connor smiled, satisfied with their respective son and daughter.