I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know

Start from the beginning

I walked to the elevator and climbed in, stepping aside so Annabeth could climb in as well. "You can't be serious! She's... you can't carry her through Olympus and be at the court in time - Percy, please listen to me!" She begged while punching in a series of buttons in the elevator shaft.

"No, Anna - besides, our mission was to deliver it together, and if Olive is dead, than I must make it a duty to bring her to her parents, so they can give her a hero's burial." Her grey eyes trailed over me and Olive in my arms with remorse and pride, but she didn't say anything else- giving in to my wishes.

In a matter of minutes, we burst through the doors to the Hall of the gods -drawing the attention of all twelve Olympians sitting in a half circle on high thrones, each decorated a specific way. "Stop!" Annabeth cried as the gods were yelling about war preparations. I took a moment to take in how giant the gods were. They had to be bigger than most buildings.

"What is the meaning of this!" An outraged cry from one of the goddesses called, horrified. She jumped from her throne and ran over to the three of us-worry plastered on her beautiful face. She had silvery eyes the color of the moon, pale skin which seemed to glow around her, and midnight black hair that cascaded down her back in tendrils. She was Artemis. She was Olive's mother. And she was pissed.

"My name is Percy Jackson, and...I think you might be looking for this." I nodded towards the Bolt in Annabeth's hand, I couldn't carry it with Olive in my arms.

"Give me the Bolt, Lightning Thief." A threatening voice called out from behind Artemis. I peaked around to see a fairly large man with dirty blonde hair and a menacing scowl, Zeus. He bent down and Annabeth tossed it towards his gigantic hand.

"Yes, sir." Annabeth nodded, presenting him with the Master Bolt.

As I watched him, I felt someone tugging on my arms. Artemis was prying Olivia away from me with a look of mourning.

"No, I can-" I began, voice shaking. She gave me an angry glare and snapped at me, tear streaking down her cheek.

"You've done enough! You did this son of Poseidon - you are responsible for this." She cried, yanking Olive from me and cradling her in her arms. "Men of the sea, always ruining women's lives." And she began to walk away, whispering to her daughter softly.

"You were wise to betray your Father, Thief." Zeus claimed our attention for a moment. He still thought Poseidon was trying to wage a war of the gods.

"I have no connection to my father Poseidon - and I didn't steal the bolt." I called up to him, trying to proclaim my innocence, but also keeping an eye on the pale body of Olivia.

Zeus cocked his head to the side with an unbelieving smirk. "If you didn;t steal it, who did?"

"Luke Castellan."

"Hermes' boy?" A second booming voice called out. This man had sea green eyes with olive skin and black hair- he was Poseidon.

"Yes." Annabeth nodded with a slight sob and I began to explain.

"See, he was angry at you - all of you. He wanted you to destroy yourselves." The gods looked around towards themselves and gave each other confused looks, all except the grieving Artemis who was only looking at her daughter. In the corner of my eye I also saw a man with golden hair and deep blue eyes watching the two of them in agony and slight horror. The death of Olive was going to effect everyone.

"Then you have done well." Zeus nodded and Annabeth gave me a reassuring smile. "Let there be peace."

"Hi mom." Annabeth called in a wavering voice. Athena gave her a smile and congratulated her. "I'm so proud of you, Annabeth." Annabeth grinned and gave her a watery smile, on the very of tears once more.