6

"(Y/F/N), (Y/L/N)?" says the officer, pacing across the floor in front of you. "That is your name isn't it?"

You had been right, the police had been reluctant to shoot Bucky with you in the way, and you had saved his life for the second time. However the S.W.A.T. team had been called in, and both of you had been arrested. It had been incredibly painful for you to watch, as Bucky had been transported separately from you, in some sort of cage like contraption. You remembered those moments all too well.

•••Flashback•••

"Pretend I'm holding you hostage." Bucky whispered, "then they'll let you go."

"Bucky no." You whispered back, touched that he was still trying to protect you. To you, that only proved that he wasn't the killer everyone assumed him to be.

"Don't shoot!!!" You yelled as the police closed in, all guns pointed in your direction. "Don't shoot!!" The police's aim wavered.

"(Y/N) What are you doing?" Bucky hissed, "trying to get yourself arrested?"

"If it means protecting you, then yes." You replied flatly, starting to take a step forward. Suddenly Bucky grabbed you from behind, wrapping his metal arm tightly around your neck, but still giving you plenty of room to breath. You were amazed at the control he possessed over his arm.

"I'm sorry (Y/N)" he whispered, "but I can't let you do that."

"Sir please let the woman go." The police announced loudly. "Sir please." Once again their guns were trained on Bucky.

"Bucky don't they're going to shoot you." You hissed trying to free yourself from his iron grip.

"(Y/N)...."

The police got closer, close enough that you could see their fingers hovering over the triggers.

"Don't shoot!" You yelled again, "he's not hurting me! I'm here of my own choice!"  Bucky sighed loudly in annoyance with you, but finally he let you go.

The police didn't seem to know what to do, but they didn't shoot. They simply held the perimeter until SWAT arrived. Bucky looked ready for a fight, but was unwilling to put you in danger. When SWAT finally arrived the two of you were grabbed and roughly thrown to the ground, Bucky crying out in pain as he was pushed down on his bad leg.

"Don't hurt him!!" You screamed at the myriad of officers attempting to arrest Bucky. No one even looked your way. After they placed you in hand-cuffs, you were walked back towards the cars, while Bucky was loaded into some glass, cage-like contraption.

"No!!!!" You screamed, temporarily managing to free yourself from the grip of the officer holding you. You ran to Bucky, pressing your hands against the glass. "Bucky... I... "

"Thank you, (Y/N)." Bucky said softly, his pained blue eyed boring into your own. You could feel a connection, one you didn't quite understand. Seconds later you were ripped away from the glass and thrown roughly to the ground.

"Hey!" Bucky yelled, banging on the glass. "Hey leave her alone!!"

The officers didn't listen.

•••present time•••

"Ma'am is that your name?" The officer shouts, snapping you out of your reverie. You glare at him.

"Yes."

"It says here that you are a doctor, is that true?" He asks again, eyeing you from across the table.

"Yes."

"What is your connection to the serial killer known as James Barnes?" The man sneers, locking eyes with you.

You could only shake your head in rage. "James is not a killer." You hiss.

"The winter soldier has killed people, innocent people, that makes him a killer yes?" The officer replies, chuckling at your anger.

"James is not the winter soldier, not anymore." You state firmly.

"answer my question!" The officer yells. "Does that, or does it not, make him a killer."

"He was brainwashed!!!" You scream,
slamming your hands on the table in frustration.

"Supposedly... We have no proof of that." The officer says.

"He can't even remember his own name?! What more proof do you want?!" You say, throwing your hands in the air.

"Maybe he lied about that too." He says slowly.

"No." You say shaking your head. "No, I've seen him up close, I've talked to him, he's not lying."

"So you admit to having met him before today?" He says, raising an eyebrow at you. A mistake. If you admitted to having met Bucky before today, surely you would be in jail for withholding information.

You didn't reply.

"Funny thing is, You know what he said when we interviewed him?"

You look up at him but don't answer.

"He tried to convince us that he kidnapped you, and that he forced you to say you were there of your own freewill is that true?" He asks. "Said he'd never met you before."

Silence.

"Tell me!!" The officer shouts, slamming his fists on the table in rage.

"I have the right to remain silent."

"So you wanna play that game?"