"And even though you were warned not to, you still followed Link?" He asked.

You nodded, and Groose shook himself as you reached the temple doors, "Well, you two have done a good job! You can head home. Big Groose will handle the search for Zelda from here."

"Don't be an idiot, Groose!"

"You don't know what your up against!" Link yelled at him as he ran through the temple doors.

Sighing in frustration, you both ran after him entering the temple hearing loud voices, "You gotta be messin' with me! How could it not be me? Why would I be here if I wasn't?!"

The old woman sighed as Groose yelled at her, "I only speak the truth. It is not your fate to save Zelda."

By this time you and Link were coming up the stairs where the old woman sat. Groose rolled his eyes, "Seriously? Him? This is a load of garbage!" Groose turned on his heels and stormed out of the temple in a rage.

The old woman sighed, "Greetings you two."

"Hey, I'm sorry about Groose there." You apologized.

"No need. In time he will accept his fate. I presume you received that harp from Zelda?" She gestured to the harp in your grasp. You nodded and she smiled, "That is now your key to finding her. And I am happy our two heroes have finally united."

Link interrupted, "Wait! Why didn't you tell me this earlier? That ___ was the second hero."

"It was only a matter of time before she proved herself to you. That is how trust grows, but now..." She turned to you, "I must teach you the secrets of the harp you hold."

In the next few moments you learned how easy it was to play as your fingers glided across the strings.

"Good you learn fast. Now put the melody together, and I will join with my voice."

Link smiled as he watched you play in time with the old woman's gravely voice. The tempo surged through your limbs and fingers as beams of white light burst around you from the floor. Suddenly a slab of blue stone rose from the ground behind you and stopped as the song ended.

The old woman smiled, "It is known as the heroine's harp. It's melodies have power such as this slab of stone. This is the other Gate of Time. The only portal to where Zelda resides. Link, ____, it your destiny to endure many hardships to awaken the gate from--"

She was suddenly interrupted by the earth heaving beneath you. Everything shook with a mighty force, and the old woman struggled to keep her balance, "This shaking! I fear the seal has broken! Link, ____, there is no time to explain. Right now you must hurry to the bottom of the pit outside! That monster could free itself at any moment!"

Glancing at each other you quickly ran outside, finding Groose covering his head as loose stones fell about him. Your heart beat faster and faster as you jumped into the pit after Link. As you got closer to the sealing spike black smoke started to billow around it, and just as you reached it, the smoke expanded and a large scaly head emerged from the ground miles above you. Both your jaws dropped, and your eyes went wide as you faced rows of teeth, a head and two muscled legs. You noticed the sealing spike stuck straight out of its skull, and it turned to you and roared.

The force almost knocked you back as you braced your sword, your hands shaking in fear. The old woman yelled down to you, "The seal has given way! It must not escape that pit and reach the temple!"

Link

I've never been this happy in days! At first I thought I would have to make this quest alone... the weight of the universe on my shoulders, but... Even though I tried to keep ___ out of harms way, it only hardened the future we'll face together. And I'm glad of it! The past few days has taken this heavy toll on my mind. My emotional level was about to hit rock bottom with all these questions about fate and destiny. But now that ___ is with me... She has this wonderful way of bringing joy into my heart. She's my rock. And even now as we stand before this giant beast of the depths of the earth, I'm not afraid. Not with ___ by my side.

Groose

I thought I was just going to follow the two of them when I spotted them. Probably to another secluded island no one has seen yet, but instead they start sky diving towards the clouds!!! My instincts kicked in, and I knew I had one chance to figure out where they're disappearing to. I just didn't think it would be like this!!!! This 'Surface' is so wild! And that creepy, gigantic, monster head in the pit! How in the world are they supposed to fight THAT!?! I feel so stupid! I'm just cowering up here, shaking like a baby! I want to be brave and help, but... I can't move my legs!! Everything has just stopped working! I've never been scared like this in my life!

Pipit

Groose mentioned something about stalking Link or ___ to wherever they are disappearing to... It doesn't feel quite right, but... People are starting to ask questions, and... I really want Groose to get Link back here so I can whoop him for drugging ___!!! Yes, I'm still mad about that!! Karane's been asking why I'm so worried about ___, and making these... huge flirty eyes. *sigh* She's been trying to get me to go out with her for ever now! I guess she's nice and a good knight... And maybe I'll think about asking her out... Maybe. She just isn't ___... The courage, the beauty. I haven't found that in anyone else in Skyloft.

Ghirahim

I felt something very powerful... A bond of magic had been broken. Somewhere near the Sacred Grounds! My master must be gathering his full strength once more!... Ah! There he is! He's escaped the clutches of the sealing spike! Ugh... He's still in his disgusting, cursed form! That'll change once I have that little goddess, if only.... She hadn't disappeared through time! Pfft... Those two heroes are going to try to take him on. I'd like to see how this goes down for the both of them. I wonder how ___ is reacting to the arrival of my master...